Page 172 of 306 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 172

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Ha, you should read the (short) book I wrote about traveling around Europe (often) unplanned. It's pretty funny, I promise. Let me figure out how to make it free for you to download on Amazon; I don't want people on here to have to pay for it.

If you want to, of course. I'm really not pushing it.
    I wrote a book and published it with Lulu publishing. What I did to give the book to someone was I saved my original OpenOffice doc as an HTML file. The HTML file was really very small. You could save your original file as a PDF and it would be pretty small, too. (The person I saved the HTML file for didn't want PDF.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I wrote a book and published it with Lulu publishing. What I did to give the book to someone was I saved my original OpenOffice doc as an HTML file. The HTML file was really very small. You could save your original file as a PDF and it would be pretty small, too. (The person I saved the HTML file for didn't want PDF.)
    Easy solution: I have some free promo days on Amazon for downloading my book, so I set a 2-day promo to run tomorrow (Thurs and Friday). Anyone can download it for free and read it on a phone, Kindle, computer, whatever.

PB, let me know if you want the link here on your journal, a new thread, or just PM'd to interested parties. Hope you're doing awesome.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I get so excited and passionate about decluttering that I often over-do it and then miss things that I let go of. I try to be more temperate about it now. LOL Like, ok, pack it away and if you don't need it over the 3 months, then let it go.
    Well the problem I'm finding about having excess storage space it that all those things you save because you "might need/use them someday" don't really do you any good. You either forget that you have them and go buy a new one when you do need it or else you spend endless time searching for where you stashed it, by which time you could have bought a new one. I am turning up things and saying, "I did not know that that item existed. So why was I even taking up space with it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Easy solution: I have some free promo days on Amazon for downloading my book, so I set a 2-day promo to run tomorrow (Thurs and Friday). Anyone can download it for free and read it on a phone, Kindle, computer, whatever.

PB, let me know if you want the link here on your journal, a new thread, or just PM'd to interested parties. Hope you're doing awesome.
    Good idea. Yes, link here please. Thank you. That way I will be able to find it and reminded.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That is true. It is the problem of too much space.

When we were in our last place (1300 sq ft), for several years we had one whole room just full of random stuff. Then I got it decluttered down and into four closets (two regular, one under the stairs, and the walk-in in our bedroom). Then, I got that down to two -- walk in and the under-the-stairs one. And then, I got that down to one, though we kept coats/shoes in the under the stairs one. The stuff kept upstairs was basically ornaments for the seasons, and everything else had a place (book cases, etc).

During the same time, I managed to clear my kitchen and bathroom cupboards. we went from 5 cupboards down to 2, and got the bathroom down to a few of personal care items.

And, i strive to do the same, still.

I can't wait to declutter coming up. We have so much CRAP that we've held on to for no reason other than I haven't had the time to go through it. It's mostly in the bathroom. Lots of medicines and toiletries that my parents left behind. :P I can clear lots of them tonight, actually, since the trash goes out tomorrow (some of it is recyclable, but much of it is not).

Paleobird Guest
    Yep the stuff expands to fill whatever space you give it. All by itself.

Why is it that I have just suddenly stopped caring what goes on on the discussion boards? I mean the Peat-bog as someone called it is getting really sloppy. There are people cursing and generally being nasty to one another and I just don't care anymore. There are a gazillion potato hack threads even though this is supposed to be a WOE all about healthy eating, not crash dieting. But I don't care anymore.

Maybe I am due for another MDA break. The last one for four months at the beginning of this year did me a world of good.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I retreat more and more to the few journals of the people I like to think of as friends. Otzi seems like an interesting individual, but he sure does know how to turn people inside out with his hacks. First cold water and now spuds. As for the rudeness. Meh. People can be idiots.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I rarely venture beyond the journals these days. Just isn't worth it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, Otzi and I manage to get a long and respectfully agree to disagree on many subjects. Some of the people who jumped on the Potato Train To Paradise though are just a bit over the top.

Otzi brings interesting things up then the zealots take over from there. He is actually nice about being open to dissenting POVs.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I feel like there are kind of two types of people on the forum: encouraging/patient/want to help, and "I know everything and you're wrong". I try to be the former as much as possible. You know, unless someone's wrong.

I'm doing a week of potatoes, but it's out of curiosity and because I like personal challenges. I don't think 5 days of it is a very big deal--I just wanted to see what happens. But I also don't have weird food issues or anything. I think some of those people doing it think it's some magic solution and like to argue...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I mostly read your journal and a couple of others, and jump in here and again when something of interest comes up.

my break from MDA did well for me, and taught me to look for what I need. I spend far less time online like this than I used to. And get so much work done.