Page 156 of 306 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 156

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Robin, its been a privilege to read your blog over the past few weeks. I very much admire the way you've handled your circumstance and your relationship with your father has been very life affirming. My condolences for your loss, which is clearly great, and wishes that your clear strength will carry you through
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I am very saddened to hear this news, but am glad to hear that you were by your Dad's side as he passed away so peacefully. RIP.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Such a beautiful tribute you wrote to your father! My two words to describe Paleobird would be "strength and grace". Many warm hugs and admonishments to care for yourself,

from Shelli.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Robin, my thoughts are with you and your sister.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hugs, hugs, and more hugs, Paleobird. You both did this so beautifully, if a passing can be said to be so. As you are your father's daughter, he will always be with you, as he is truly a part of you.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    condolences Robin

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin. Warm hugs to you and yours. I'm wishing your dear Dad a happy journey to wherever he's off to next. You've been such a wonderful daughter - now it's time to take good, loving care of yourself too.
    xoxo
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I am very sorry for your loss, but also very thankful that his death was good -- peaceful, quiet, and quick. I like how you describe it as "efficient."

I feared on his behalf -- based on your descriptions of him -- that he would linger in this state of dementia for a long time. It happens to a lot of people, even if they do not wish for it. I know that your father would never have wanted to burden you with such an experience, and I'm thankful that he was able to die as well as he lived, in accordance with all of his values.

And so comes another bardo for you. Remember that this time and space is sacred. We will continue to hold you in our thoughts.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry Robin, much love to you. Xxxx

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My condolences, Paleobird. I'm so glad you could be with him through all this, and that he died peacefully. Thinking and praying for you and your sister.