Page 153 of 306 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 153

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thinking of you, Paleobird, and sending prayers for you and your Dad.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Sending love, Paleobird.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So sorry PB. I know how incredibly hard this can be. My heart aches for you.
    Thank you Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    You have been giving away JARS?! Oh, wow... I thought you had like, a jar or two each of different stuff, but jars of just garlic?! I SO have to know how he peeled all of that!

Your dad is eating poorly? Damn.

I was thinking of you, actually, before this. I just got a phone call from my best friend - her breast biopsy came back positive. Hers isn't advanced (she caught it at the earliest possible stage, from mammography), is milk duct and not tissue, and seems to have excellent outcomes, so she isn't scared witless, even tho she had a good hard cry and is now in "Let's deal with this NOW" mode. But still.

Sigh. Humans should actually live 200 years like Vulcans... it takes us so long to get wise, and just as we get there, we get no time to hang out and really use and pass on our hard-won knowledge. Ptooey.
    We are not talking just jars. We are talking about cases of mason jars. Don't tell him I ratted him out but he didn't peel it all. He bought the cloves pre-peeled.

My heart goes out to your friend. I know how getting that biopsy news is. But I think she has a good attitude and good friends obviously, so she will be able to beat this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Thinking of you, Paleobird, and sending prayers for you and your Dad.
    Thanks, Sabine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Sending love, Paleobird.
    Thanks Jac.

Well, last night things went south in a big way. Dad tried to get out of bed and took a tumble onto the floor. I had to call the paramedics because I couldn't get him back into bed and was afraid of hurting him if I pushed or pulled on anything injured. He wasn't coherent enough to tell me what did or didn't hurt. So a night spent in the ER with backboards, c-spine collars, florescent lights, bad cafeteria coffee, all in a blur. I spent most of the night curled up on a spare gurney that was being "temporarily" stored in the hallway while they do some remodeling. They kept shooing me out of my Dad's ER room every time a new trauma victim would come in. One was a rollover vehicle accident survivor. Fucking hellish night. The only blessing is that my Dad is so far out of it mentally at this point that he doesn't really know or much care what is going on. I stumbled home at dawn, caught some sleep, ate, and then went back and have been there all day. He is just mumbling at this point. I got him to drink a few sips of water and some of that yucky Ensure stuff (get your calories any way you can when push comes to shove) but it's been four days now that he has hardly eaten at all.

It feels weird to come home to an empty house. My sister is flying in tomorrow. The dog is bouncing up in my lap and trying to re-assure me that the house in not empty and that everything will be OK.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Paleobird. Sending you some strength and peaceful thoughts for yourself and your father.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Sending love to you and your dad.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I feel helpless - I'd love to come and support you, cook your dinner, put clean sheets on your bed. I know you're strong. I also know this is what you were preparing for when you came home from Kili. But that doesn't help now, and I'm just a stranger, thousands of miles away. All I can do is send love - and I do.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh Robin, my heart goes out to you. xo
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Robin, I'm sending you love and support, we are thinking of you <3
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Sending love and thoughts and hoping for what peace and comfort you can find right now.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Like the others, I'm thinking of you and sending *hugs*.