Page 150 of 306 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 150

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Sleep well beautiful girl !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Nothing to add except that You two are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Sleep well beautiful girl !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Nothing to add except that You two are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you both.

Dad is sleeping more and more. He slept from 8pm to 10 am last night. I don't want to wake him because I figure his body needs the rest. Now he has had breakfast and is having a midday nap.

Paleobird Guest
    I had an awesome day yesterday. It was my first "day off" in three weeks. The housekeepers were here to clean plus take care of Dad so I got *out of the house* Wow.

I went for a drive and went to IKEA to buy a memory foam mattress topper that is making sleep on the sofa-bed in Dad's living room much more comfortable.

Then I drove to the Toyota agency to ask them why my new car suddenly switched to having the speedometer readout in km/hr instead of miles. There is a way to set that preference on the touchscreen but it wasn't responding. I felt like a total dork when they pointed out the little button low on the left side of the steering column, (easy to bump with a knee).

Anyway, that mystery solved, I found myself out near the beach which I haven't seen in far too long considering that I live in San Diego. I went for a walk down the boardwalk, stopped in at a seaside bar that had a wave machine and watched hapless tourists getting washing machined while sipping a NorCal margarita (I had to tell the bartender how to make it but he thought it was a cool idea). Pleasantly buzzing, I walked back along the boardwalk and stopped for a frozen banana on a stick covered in chocolate and peanuts. Oh, divine decadence!

Then I did the grocery shopping at two different stores and then sat in Starbucks (they have a franchise inside my local Vons) because I still had a half hour to spare before I had to be back. I found out that they do have heavy cream but they don't put it out, you have to ask for it.

So, all told I got five hours all to myself. One day a week. This could be a workable system.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So, all told I got five hours all to myself. One day a week. This could be a workable system.
    This is important, and I'm glad you're taking full advantage of it. Caregiving is exhausting, mentally and physically, and taking time to yourself is critical.

I know you already know that, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Treat yo'self!

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Oh PB, just got caught up on your journal, no words, wish I could give you a hug. Lots of love to you.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    PB that sounds like a day well spent. Love and Light
    Jackie

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Glad to read you finally had a chance to take care of you! Your Dad would approve if he could (and maybe he has already). Hope all was well when you got home to let you know you need to continue to take time for you so that you can continue to give to him.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    This is important, and I'm glad you're taking full advantage of it. Caregiving is exhausting, mentally and physically, and taking time to yourself is critical.

I know you already know that, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Treat yo'self!
    Thanks, Steph. The other time I find I get to myself is early in the morning. Since Dad goes zonk shortly after dinner, I find myself going to sleep early as well. But if I get to sleep at 9 or 10pm I can only sleep until maybe 6am while he won't wake up until about 9 or 10am. Those morning hours are when I go back to my house and take a long shower or clip my toenails or all those other personal things that go by th ewayside when one is caring for another.
    Hugs to you and the Hubs and Nubbin

Quote Originally Posted by amazonmagic View Post
    Oh PB, just got caught up on your journal, no words, wish I could give you a hug. Lots of love to you.
    Thanks, AM. I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    PB that sounds like a day well spent. Love and Light
    Jackie
    Thank you, Jackie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Glad to read you finally had a chance to take care of you! Your Dad would approve if he could (and maybe he has already). Hope all was well when you got home to let you know you need to continue to take time for you so that you can continue to give to him.
    Things were fine except for my Dad wanting to go out in the front yard where I had told the housekeepers he is not allowed to go. (There is a deck with no railing and a very steep incline off the front edge of the property plus loose rocks and all kinds of other trip hazards.) The housekeeper is diplomatic enough so that she was able to keep it non-confrontational (bless her heart. She is such a dear person.)

Sometimes in his more lucid moments Dad does say some really sweet and touching things like how he really appreciates everything I am doing for him and how proud he is to have such a good daughter. It's funny because saying things like that was never really his style all the years I have known him. This seems to be bringing out a softer side in him. He says stuff about how much he has missed my Mom all these years and how much he loved her. He never said those things before. Strange but nice.

Then there are times that he has no idea who I am or that he was ever married and had kids. Sigh.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    As far as a boyfriend, I don't have the mental time or energy right now to bother. If I need that kind of stress relief, there are always batteries.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.