Page 139 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 139

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It doesn't have to be bone marrow. I was just using my overstock up. Any rendered fat would work.
    Ahhh, this is great news, thanks!

And I'm so, so, so, soooo sorry to hear about the latest development with your dad! I'm hoping that your dad quickly heals and recovers! Hugs from Austria!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hopefully, he'll be feeling better soon and -- as the others have said -- his mental health will improve when the infection improves.

no matter what happens after, just know that you can handle whatever comes, no matter what it is. It's scary, it's upsetting, and it's totally freaky, but it's do-able. You will find the best possible path, because you are thoughtful and conscientious.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    sorry about your dad, hope things brighten up for you
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing more to add PB just know that I am thinking of you and your dad with kind thoughts.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It has got to be terrifying from his shoes to be in this in between twilight zone where nothing makes sense. It's terrifying enough to be on the outside watching the process. There is nothing I can do to help except be there.
    You both are in my thoughts and prayers
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Oh, Paleobird! Praying for y'all: health, strength, and comfort.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Your dear Dad may be a bit confused now, but I'm sure he still understands and appreciates his loving daughter and the good care you take of him. That constancy will be of comfort and reassurance to him. You're doing a great and important job, Robin. Wishing you both all the best.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you and your dad (and everyone who loves and cares for him).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words and well wishes.

And to Em and Jac, thank you soooo much for the hopefulness that it is the infection causing the mental changes therefor not necessarily permanent. Nobody explains these things to the family. Two nurses from down under have the time to explain this to me but nobody here? How much sense does that make?

Today is my Dad's 87th birthday. Hell of a way to spend it. My sister and I did bring him cards in the hospital today and we are going back this evening.

I like to be there to control at least two of his three meals. The first morning in the room they gave him cereal and toast with non fat milk and orange juice. Have a little carbohydrates with your carbohydrates. Urrrggh. But it was the "cardiac" menu officially because it had SmartBalance spread instead of butter. Gahhhhhh! This was AFTER I had told them that he was diabetic but with it under control on a low carb diet. So then I was there a little while after that breakfast and they tested his blood glucose and , surprise, surprise, it was high so they were preparing to give him an insulin shot. I stopped them. He is not going down the road of insulin dependence just because some idiot fed him a sugary breakfast.

I had a talk with the doctor and got the dietary specs changed. They still put a dinner roll out with every meal and some horrible fake sweetened pudding both of which get chucked but they have been giving him some good chicken and veggies with rice since I made that fuss.

My sister and I are using this time to help get the house prepared for taking care of Dad at home. Little things that Dad has been putting off like fixing a shower hose. Plus we are putting or throwing away a lot of clutter that has accumulated around Dad's house. This is not just neat freaking, it is about safety. With Dad unsteady on his feet and leaning on a rolling walker, the pathways around the house need to be clear and open. And a bit of my sister's neat freakishness is actually a god thing right now because there needs to be a higher standard of cleanliness going on in terms of Dad's bathroom, clean clothes, sheets, etc. He doesn't need more infections or to transfer and spread his infection back to himself.

I gotta go. Thanks for listening to my venting and again for all the sympathies and prayers. It means a lot to me.