Page 127 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 127

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There was nothing to be done but to take the crown off put a new temp on and send off to the lab to get a new permanent one done right. So, I got absolutely nothing accomplished today while enduring a lot of pain. And I get to go back and do it all again next week. Yay.
    Oh ACK! You have my deepest sympathies, tooth trouble is a bitch. Hope you're feeling much better very soon (and next time things work out like they're supposed to!).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your tooth trouble! Hope you were able to get some sleep and feel better today.

paleojean is offline Junior Member
    Paleobird I hope your tooth is improved today and you feel better!

I wanted my first post at MDA to be a thank-you.

I read your 'eat moar fat' post and I think it has been really beneficial to me.

Low carb for many years now and after a bit of reading here, I think most of it spent in the 'Zone of Misery'

I lost weight in the beginning but nothing really for years. Increase fat was always the advice, which added weight to me, and I was scared to lower protein.

When I read your introduction to the thread, gave me the courage to have a go.

Ive lost 7 lb in two weeks and plan to continue

Thanks, Paleobird

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Bummer about the crown. The dentist I went to was able to make crowns right there in the office while you were there. So go in with a broken tooth, come right out with a new crown. I was amazed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Quies is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon. Wasn't there some way for them to check the fit of the crown before putting it on?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Again, sorry to hear of your recent travails in dentistry. My mom's brother is a (retired) dentist & my own brother & mother & father too, have had lots of work done. Genetically or just sheer luck, I've got strong, large healthy teeth. I'm the only one in my family actually that doesn't have a history of dental stuff over the years. And I count myself blessed/lucky for that! Teeth and bee stings & your dad down for the count some too, what a week or 2 you've had!

And for pasting the Kurt Harris blog post & my question here, I was not advocated or backing up his claims. I was just curious as to what your take is/would be, since not only are you engaged (successfully) in LC/VLC now for some time, to treat your seizures & lower your meds(how's that goin'?), & since you are really up on the science out there, & really in touch w/ the science in your body, I just wanted to hear your take on things. Like some others, you're very opinionated, but it's an informed opinion imo...

I've been forcing myself to stay in the rack & sleep in some every morning, & also consciously choosing to take 20-60 minute afternoon naps. It's been helping since I tend to undersleep.
    Thanks Brett. I had great teeth until chemo messed them up.
    I know you were just bringing up the KH post for discussion. I'm peeved with him, not you. It's perfectly OK for someone to change their mind. What is intellectually and morally dishonest however is to go back and change your posts and pretend you never had that opinion in the first place. That's what KH has been doing lately. Hence, he has lost the respect that I used to have for him. His site can still be a good resource for basic scientific knowledge e.g. I think his explanation of the whole O3/O6 "thing" is the best I have ever read. It finally made sense to me after reading that.

I do firmly feel that not only is ketosis a good backup way to fuel the body when carbs aren't around. I think it was the state in which Grok and company would have spent the majority of their lives. I think it is, evolutionarily speaking, "normal", with occasional trips out of ketosis when a patch of tubers or a bee hive were found. Can I "prove" this, probably not. But if my brain, and thousand of others with neurological problems functions so much better in ketosis, to me that is proof right there. Holding at 25% down on one of my two meds. I have another med change coming up in February where I get off of the post-cancer hormone blockers so I think I'll wait until after that to make any more adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Oh ACK! You have my deepest sympathies, tooth trouble is a bitch. Hope you're feeling much better very soon (and next time things work out like they're supposed to!).
    Thanks, Sigi. Better today.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your tooth trouble! Hope you were able to get some sleep and feel better today.
    Hey, hot stuff. Yes, sleep knits up the raveled sleeve of care and gums too.

Quote Originally Posted by paleojean View Post
    Paleobird I hope your tooth is improved today and you feel better!
    I wanted my first post at MDA to be a thank-you.

I read your 'eat moar fat' post and I think it has been really beneficial to me.
    Low carb for many years now and after a bit of reading here, I think most of it spent in the 'Zone of Misery'
    I lost weight in the beginning but nothing really for years. Increase fat was always the advice, which added weight to me, and I was scared to lower protein.
    When I read your introduction to the thread, gave me the courage to have a go.

Ive lost 7 lb in two weeks and plan to continue
    Thanks, Paleobird
    Wow, your first MDA post to me. I'm honored.
    So many people have it firmly in their heads that , "I don't do well on low carb" or "I just can't do that, it makes me feel horrible". And I'm not doubting that their experiences are real but I just wonder how many of them spent that time and formed those opinions firmly in the zone of misery. Probably quite a few.
    Welcome to MDA and to the Birdnest, paleojean. I'm so glad that you are having good results with the "moar fat" plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Bummer about the crown. The dentist I went to was able to make crowns right there in the office while you were there. So go in with a broken tooth, come right out with a new crown. I was amazed.
    Now that would be nice. No waiting to send it to LA and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Quies
    I hope you feel better soon. Wasn't there some way for them to check the fit of the crown before putting it on?
    No, you can only really check it when it is in there up against the other tooth. They didn't have it glued down permanently yet so, when it cracked, it was easy to get out. I almost swallowed the piece that broke off. Blech.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 09-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Ok, I just have to say it:

IT'S BLOODY HOT TODAY!

There, that feels better. But seriously, 94 in my living room all damn day under a ceiling fan in the shade.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 09-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    97 in Santa Barbara, according to the car thermometer. I spent the day in the shade near the ocean.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow, it's only a balmy 84 here today. Then again, we're on our way up and you are (supposedly) on your way down. I'll be complaining of the same thing in no time.

Sorry to hear about your tooth troubles.... bloody olives!

Oh yeah, can you post a link to your Moar Fat post? I haven't seen it and I'm scared to venture into the forums too much - they were a scary place to be last time I was here.

Paleobird Guest