Page 118 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 118

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I know, I know. I just love all my baggy cargo pants. I shop at the thrift stores. Last time I was there I wasn't enthused with the offerings. I have to find more cargo pants before the latest fashions make their way in. I like to stay a few steps behind, and I love pockets, lots of pockets.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Nice! I love the new skirt. Also, your calves are killer.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Too funny. I was contemplating getting some clearance stuff for next year but pants (shorts) are just too hard to figure out a size. Shirts have more flexibility so I have been getting a few new shirts here and there. (and shoes and belts and...) It has been fun being a girl again I was lucky with the jeans though, I found a box of almost new jeans downstairs in the safe room. We had a house fire about 3 years ago and I think they must have been given to me and just got stored away once we moved into the new house. That was like Christmas! So my closet has gone from just a couple of items, you know the one BIG BLACK outfit that you wear everywhere - funerals, weddings, everywhere - to looking pretty full!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Cute skirt!! I use to rock a white one. I will have to get another some day.... maybe by next summer.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I know, I know. I just love all my baggy cargo pants. I shop at the thrift stores. Last time I was there I wasn't enthused with the offerings. I have to find more cargo pants before the latest fashions make their way in. I like to stay a few steps behind, and I love pockets, lots of pockets.
    Yes, cargo pants are very practical but they don't show off that gorgeous new figure of yours. You got it, so flaunt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Nice! I love the new skirt. Also, your calves are killer.
    Thank you, Owly. Hiking, occasional sprints and a few squats, that's all I do on the lower half.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Too funny. I was contemplating getting some clearance stuff for next year but pants (shorts) are just too hard to figure out a size. Shirts have more flexibility so I have been getting a few new shirts here and there. (and shoes and belts and...) It has been fun being a girl again I was lucky with the jeans though, I found a box of almost new jeans downstairs in the safe room. We had a house fire about 3 years ago and I think they must have been given to me and just got stored away once we moved into the new house. That was like Christmas! So my closet has gone from just a couple of items, you know the one BIG BLACK outfit that you wear everywhere - funerals, weddings, everywhere - to looking pretty full!
    It really depends on the brand. They can vary a lot. Yes, going "closet shopping" is fun. I did that as I was losing but now I'm to the point where the last time I was this size was high school. Nothing left from back then.

Cute skirt!! I use to rock a white one. I will have to get another some day.... maybe by next summer.
    Thanks. I bought several flirty little short skirts yesterday. It was fun to shop in little boutiques where before there would not have even been anything in my size. Where the sales girl is a size zero and they don't even have anything over a 12.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I need to do another cull. I got rid of the really big stuff a while ago but was making do with stuff that was a bit big but liveable. With dropping a few more pounds in the last couple of months, I'm now into my really small sizes that I'd stashed, but I only kept the really good stuff so I don't have much that fits properly. I'm not the shopping spree type, so it will take a while to build up the wardrobe. In the meantime, the larger stuff has gone from loose-but-okay to clownish.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You do have nice gams, PB.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I really love the cut of the new skirt. Very cute.

I've taken to wearing dresses. I have 4 that I wear to work, and then a skirt/sweater for the 5th day. I wear skinny jeans on the weekends.

And, I finally found a bathing suit that I like. I tend to be modest. I know that it's weird. I know that I could look just great/fine/whatever in a bikini, but I can't seem to get over the fact that I'm going out in my underpants. And, Ialso think that I look better nekkid than in my underpants, and I can't go to the beach nekkid. Or the pool nekkid.

A friend of mine is an orthodox jew, and she said "just get a tennis dress." She showed me hers -- which is a stella mccartney by addidas, which is fabulous. I found one her that is a bit more sporty, but costs a lot less because it is used. It's also shorter than hers (i dont' mind a short skirt), and the lady who is selling it also has the little shorts/bloomers that go beneath it.

The cool thing is that, as a dress, it can go from sea to restaurant or whatever with no problems. And, I dont' have to think about bikinis. I don't know why I've never been able to make peace with the darn things. I look fine in them. I just don't feel comfortable in them.

So, looks like I might have a workable "suit" for this season, which is good because DS starts swimming lessons in a few weeks and I have to be in the pool with him for the first few sessions.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I need to do another cull. I got rid of the really big stuff a while ago but was making do with stuff that was a bit big but liveable. With dropping a few more pounds in the last couple of months, I'm now into my really small sizes that I'd stashed, but I only kept the really good stuff so I don't have much that fits properly. I'm not the shopping spree type, so it will take a while to build up the wardrobe. In the meantime, the larger stuff has gone from loose-but-okay to clownish.
    I'm not usually into shopping sprees either but yesterday I was trying to distract myself from feeling hungry. I needed to get out of the house but it was too hot to be doing much walking. So mall walking worked.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You do have nice gams, PB.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I really love the cut of the new skirt. Very cute.
    I've taken to wearing dresses. I have 4 that I wear to work, and then a skirt/sweater for the 5th day. I wear skinny jeans on the weekends.
    And, I finally found a bathing suit that I like. I tend to be modest. I know that it's weird. I know that I could look just great/fine/whatever in a bikini, but I can't seem to get over the fact that I'm going out in my underpants. And, Ialso think that I look better nekkid than in my underpants, and I can't go to the beach nekkid. Or the pool nekkid.
    A friend of mine is an orthodox jew, and she said "just get a tennis dress." She showed me hers -- which is a stella mccartney by addidas, which is fabulous. I found one her that is a bit more sporty, but costs a lot less because it is used. It's also shorter than hers (i dont' mind a short skirt), and the lady who is selling it also has the little shorts/bloomers that go beneath it.
    The cool thing is that, as a dress, it can go from sea to restaurant or whatever with no problems. And, I dont' have to think about bikinis. I don't know why I've never been able to make peace with the darn things. I look fine in them. I just don't feel comfortable in them.
    So, looks like I might have a workable "suit" for this season, which is good because DS starts swimming lessons in a few weeks and I have to be in the pool with him for the first few sessions.
    I love that new skirt. It is just the most buttery soft feeling leather.
    If ever there was a person who should feel perfectly fine about strutting their body it would be you. I love the swimsuit optional beach we have here. It's such a liberating feeling.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome pins lady!

Great skirt too - I love it.