Page 111 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 111

Paleobird Guest
    I've been able to drink it and go straight to sleep. Usually I am super sensitive to caffeine. If I have a cup of regular coffee afternoon I will not sleep well. So, yeah, I don't think the Crio Bru is a problem. What is that stuff called that they say it has , Theobromine? I wonder how much of the keto buzz feeling is about the keto and how much is the Bru?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Good question.

Is it strange for me to not be at all interested in Bru? LOL crazy, I know. I'd probably like it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Good question.

Is it strange for me to not be at all interested in Bru? LOL crazy, I know. I'd probably like it.
    Yes, you are obviously an alien, not a human at all.

Another note about the Bru. In that article betorq quoted it was saying CB was $15/lb. Not so. It is $11.97.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I made it this afternoon the 'cowboy' way, strained it with some bits falling thru, Lordy, it's very good that way, nice and strong. DH said, are these coffee grounds mixed with the hot chocolate (???), I said, no, they are chocolate grounds, so he started chewing them up and said, yeah, this is good and I can see us loving it this winter. Glad I bought the 5 lb bag.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, you are obviously an alien, not a human at all.

Another note about the Bru. In that article betorq quoted it was saying CB was $15/lb. Not so. It is $11.97.
    Here its about $20/lb, plus postage. Too expensive given how much one has to use. I'll stick to my white-label cocoa
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Paleobird Guest
    I wonder why it's so much more expensive down under?

Dinner was basic but delicious. Sashimi grade salmon and asparagus. Both Farmer's Market finds from today.

Photo on 2012-09-01 at 18.01 #2.jpg

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    The same reason most things are, we're an isolated and still relatively small country. When more people start importing it, the price will go down I'm sure.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    EVERYTHING is expensive down under*. How you guys in the US can often buy Australian lamb at half the price I pay when it's raised only a few hours' drive from my place is a very sore spot with me. And as another example, lots of us find it cheaper to buy stuff on iHerb; having supps shipped in privately is still much cheaper than buying them here.

*Okay, macadamias and mac oil are cheap here. One good thing. And I'm going to buy a big bottle of avocado oil today which won't cost much either.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Hey, don't feel bad. I live where they grow avocados as a crop and they sometimes cost as much as $2 each in the store. That's ridiculous! It's similar with lemons and gasoline. Yep, oil wells on the horizon and the most expensive gas in the US.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    The same reason most things are, we're an isolated and still relatively small country. When more people start importing it, the price will go down I'm sure.
    OK, well if you and all the other Primal peeps down there spread the word that should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    EVERYTHING is expensive down under*. How you guys in the US can often buy Australian lamb at half the price I pay when it's raised only a few hours' drive from my place is a very sore spot with me. And as another example, lots of us find it cheaper to buy stuff on iHerb; having supps shipped in privately is still much cheaper than buying them here.
    *Okay, macadamias and mac oil are cheap here. One good thing. And I'm going to buy a big bottle of avocado oil today which won't cost much either.
    Mac nuts, butter, oil are all insanely expensive here.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hey, don't feel bad. I live where they grow avocados as a crop and they sometimes cost as much as $2 each in the store. That's ridiculous! It's similar with lemons and gasoline. Yep, oil wells on the horizon and the most expensive gas in the US.
    You're just trying to make them feel better. Sometimes they are $2 but that is in the off season. Now they are 50 cents a piece and sometimes there are unused ones rolling down the gutters from people's trees. I mean, one family can only eat so many avocados.