Page 109 of 306 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 109

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleobird - I have an off-the-wall question, and hope you will be accomodating enough to answer it...

How do you do that posting thing where you have the blue quote boxes from several separate posters in your one post?? Just like Nourished Em does just before me here. You use this device a lot, I want to do it, too, and I can't figure it out. Aaargh!

Thanks!

P.S. If the explanation is lengthy, would you post it on my journal?? That way I always have easy access to it / know where it is. (yeah, I know - pain-in-the-ass student....)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    ah, here we go. closest we have is the Tough Guy/Gal. Admittedly, it doesn't have the three events that made me the most excited: everest, arctic freeze and electric shock therapy. But, eh.
    What about it Jac? gwanna?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Tell you what - you're nuts - in the nicest possible way! I saw on Stuff earlier that part of the Tongariro crossing has reopened after the eruption, so you'll be OK there.
    Yep. She is, but in a nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have a hole at the back of my mouth where a olive pit-slaughtered tooth used to reside. They're lethal I tell you!

There's a shop around the corner from me that sells it, I'd be happy to work something out with you if you'd like.

Oh and hi Robin! I'm back and desperate to know your crio bru bark recipe.
    Problem is I love olives. Crio Bru for everyone! I was totally winging it on the bark so it wasn't a formal recipe. I just blended the used grounds adding enough coconut oil to make it smooth and a little cinnamon and nutmeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Paleobird - I have an off-the-wall question, and hope you will be accomodating enough to answer it...
    How do you do that posting thing where you have the blue quote boxes from several separate posters in your one post?? Just like Nourished Em does just before me here. You use this device a lot, I want to do it, too, and I can't figure it out. Aaargh!
    Thanks!
    P.S. If the explanation is lengthy, would you post it on my journal?? That way I always have easy access to it / know where it is. (yeah, I know - pain-in-the-ass student....)
    You mean like this? Yeah, I only recently figured out how it works. What you do if there are a whole bunch of things you want to quote is this. See in the lower right hand corner of each post there is a thing that says reply a reply with quote and a "+? You click on the "+ button for all of them down the line til the last one where you click the reply with quote and all of them will be in the reply box at once. Each one has QUOTE and /QUOTE in brackets at the beginning and end so you can put your responses in between.

Paleobird Guest
    Just back from the dentist and feeling like I've been socked in the jaw. He had to do a crown but was able to spare the nerve so no root canal. I have a temporary crown on now and get the real one in two weeks. Blergh. Human jaw hinges are not meant to be stretched that far. Since it was the farthest in the back one they were working one then you get the dentist plus the hygienist all trying to put hands in there, my lips and jaw hinges feel overextended.

I think I'll have bone marrow for dinner.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    You mean like this? Yeah, I only recently figured out how it works. What you do if there are a whole bunch of things you want to quote is this. See in the lower right hand corner of each post there is a thing that says reply a reply with quote and a "+? You click on the "+ button for all of them down the line til the last one where you click the reply with quote and all of them will be in the reply box at once. Each one has QUOTE and /QUOTE in brackets at the beginning and end so you can put your responses in between.[/QUOTE]

ok thank you for this paleobird. I too have wondered how you do this ! I shall hit enter now and see if it works !

ok so it didn't work I shall try again
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 08-31-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: mistake !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You mean like this? Yeah, I only recently figured out how it works. What you do if there are a whole bunch of things you want to quote is this. See in the lower right hand corner of each post there is a thing that says reply a reply with quote and a "+? You click on the "+ button for all of them down the line til the last one where you click the reply with quote and all of them will be in the reply box at once. Each one has QUOTE and /QUOTE in brackets at the beginning and end so you can put your responses in between.
    Woo-Hoo!!!!! Multi-quote-thingy, I have arrived!!!!!

Just back from the dentist and feeling like I've been socked in the jaw. He had to do a crown but was able to spare the nerve so no root canal. I have a temporary crown on now and get the real one in two weeks. Blergh. Human jaw hinges are not meant to be stretched that far. Since it was the farthest in the back one they were working one then you get the dentist plus the hygienist all trying to put hands in there, my lips and jaw hinges feel overextended.

I think I'll have bone marrow for dinner.
    I would do marrow, too. I have just everything in my puss, including one implant. Know this situation well... here's good commiseration vibes coming your way... ching... ching...

P.S. VIELEN DANK!!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 08-31-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added the postscript

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think it looks like fun, but does this explain why i spend most of my time with men? what is it with me and women? it's like i don't relate.

Anyway, next one is in june, and I'm looking at the palmy one so that my friend's can watch the kiddo. my pakrour friend/trainer might do a 12 or 16 week prep 'course' for it, so we're looking at that as an option for getting a team together. I'd like it to be mixed, but. . . anyway. it'll probably be guys.

there's one other girl at parkour here in wellington. she's sweet. 19 or so.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Woo-Hoo!!!!! Multi-quote-thingy, I have arrived!!!!!

I would do marrow, too. I have just everything in my puss, including one implant. Know this situation well... here's good commiseration vibes coming your way... ching... ching...

P.S. VIELEN DANK!!
    Bitte. Thanks for the commiseration. The novacaine has worn off and I'm starting to think about resorting to pain pills. I've got that throb, throb, throb thing going on. No fun.

I made a "meal in a bowl" dinner for my Dad of some chicken and summer squash curry so he has that to heat up later and I won't have to think later. The sauce turned out really well. I mixed vindaloo curry paste with some almond butter to make it a little less spicy for Dad's palate and it was a good combination.

Whenever I'm feeling under the weather physically, bone marrow really seems to appeal to me. I had marrow for dinner last week after I donated blood. Yep, I think I'm going to slurp my dinner.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Bitte. Thanks for the commiseration. The novacaine has worn off and I'm starting to think about resorting to pain pills. I've got that throb, throb, throb thing going on. No fun.
    Ack. Sympathies from someone with a long history of dental disasters. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Also - I just looked up this Crio Bru business in Australia; they don't stock in my state yet. :-( Thinking of ordering online.

For those who have tried it, is the taste genuinely chocolatey as they say, or is it more coffee-like with the accompanying bitterness? I'm not a brewed coffee drinker, as I just don't care for it (too bitter to drink neat), though I do like the general flavour of coffee say in icecream or cream. Then again, I quite like bitter chocolate ... (don't mind me, just musing out loud) ...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Thank you Sigi. I had great teeth all my life until chemo happened and they started falling apart. The one that chipped is one of the few left that haven't already been capped. The new porcelain ones are just about indestructible.

If you can appreciate good seriously DARK chocolate, you would like Crio Bru. It tastes like drinking bakers chocolate.
    There is also the Choffee brand and that one other.........something about Alchemy. Between those three you should be able to lay hands on some.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Now I can't decide which flavour of Crio Bru to order! They all sound rather nice. Feedback/comparisons from anyone who has tried the different varieties? It's a bit expensive for me to order all three right away. (I'm a bit impoverished at the mo. And what if I don't like them?)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde