Page 108 of 306 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 108

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh, that's lovely. I wish I lived in New Zealand. Maybe I'll retire from my retirement there someday.
    I feel that it's only fair to warn you, we are a bit of a let down on the wildlife front. We have no cougars, bears or snakes that you can encounter while out hiking. We have many species of flightless bird instead.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Yes, it's really nice here. Looks like their estimates on the web site come to about 7 hours on the high-end, but i'm fairly certain that our friends did take 10, and that we'd still move pretty slowly at this point.

btw, being 'less paleo' due to cookie/caking makes menses exhausting. i feel like i'm practically dead. so tired, so achey. that'll learn me (as per usual).

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    We do live in a gorgeous country. However I know a heap of cougars !!!!!!!!!! and the odd snake - althou I tend to let them slide.....
    sorry couldn't resist.
    Enjoy the dentist tomorrow. Actually my teeth hurt just thinking about it !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Crap. I guess I should procure some before everybody else leaves me in the dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    My thinking exactly . I've spent ages on the net this morning (instead of working) trying to find out if anyone is selling it in NZ. So far the closest I can get is Oz - not too shabby.
    C'mon, the collective intelligence of the whole board is going to go up by at least 20 points (One can hope....)

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I feel that it's only fair to warn you, we are a bit of a let down on the wildlife front. We have no cougars, bears or snakes that you can encounter while out hiking. We have many species of flightless bird instead.
    I was only there once on a cruise ship stopover, unfortunately only for one day but it was incredibly beautiful. Going back there to spend some serious time is on my "to do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Yes, it's really nice here. Looks like their estimates on the web site come to about 7 hours on the high-end, but i'm fairly certain that our friends did take 10, and that we'd still move pretty slowly at this point.
    btw, being 'less paleo' due to cookie/caking makes menses exhausting. i feel like i'm practically dead. so tired, so achey. that'll learn me (as per usual).
    So glad I don't have to deal with that stuff any more.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    We do live in a gorgeous country. However I know a heap of cougars !!!!!!!!!! and the odd snake - althou I tend to let them slide.....
    sorry couldn't resist.
    Enjoy the dentist tomorrow. Actually my teeth hurt just thinking about it !
    Har Har! You think your teeth hurt!

Paleobird Guest
    Dinner tonight was an international fusion of Chinese eggplant, Bulgarian eggplant/tomato sauce, and an all American burger stuffed with a bunch of garlic and Italian herbs then topped with some French chevre cheese. United Nations on a plate.

Photo on 2012-08-30 at 18.06 #2.jpg

the un never seemed so yummy before.

Paleobird Guest
    the un never seemed so yummy before.
    I was looking for a dinner that involved minimal chewing so this worked well. I love eggplant.

ah, here we go. closest we have is the Tough Guy/Gal. Admittedly, it doesn't have the three events that made me the most excited: everest, arctic freeze and electric shock therapy. But, eh.

What about it Jac? gwanna?

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    ah, here we go. closest we have is the Tough Guy/Gal. Admittedly, it doesn't have the three events that made me the most excited: everest, arctic freeze and electric shock therapy. But, eh.

What about it Jac? gwanna?
    Tell you what - you're nuts - in the nicest possible way! I saw on Stuff earlier that part of the Tongariro crossing has reopened after the eruption, so you'll be OK there.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Today my main project of the day is distracting myself from the fact that my tooth hurts. Yesterday at my favorite middle eastern store, I bit down on a sample of what I thought was a pitted olive but it wasn't and heard a pice of the last molar in the back on the top right hand side go *crunch*. Oh. Shit. It didn't hurt then so I went on with my day but it was hurting when I woke up today. Just sort of a dull ache and the ragged edge of the chipped porcelain crown has been hacking into the side of my cheek which doesn't help any.

I called the dentist this morning and the earliest he can work me in is first thing tomorrow but he promised to call if there was a cancellation since I live ten minutes away.

Grrrr. It's not the lady at the middle eastern store's fault. She didn't speak English very well and when I asked "Pitted?" she said, "Yes pit" and I thought that meant yes, it's pitted but she meant yes, there is a pit. Cross cultural failure of communication.

Bur still Grrrrr. Not at anything in particular. Just at the fact that it hurts.
    I have a hole at the back of my mouth where a olive pit-slaughtered tooth used to reside. They're lethal I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    My thinking exactly . I've spent ages on the net this morning (instead of working) trying to find out if anyone is selling it in NZ. So far the closest I can get is Oz - not too shabby.
    There's a shop around the corner from me that sells it, I'd be happy to work something out with you if you'd like.

Oh and hi Robin! I'm back and desperate to know your crio bru bark recipe.