Page 107 of 306 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 107

  1. #1061
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Today my main project of the day is distracting myself from the fact that my tooth hurts. Yesterday at my favorite middle eastern store, I bit down on a sample of what I thought was a pitted olive but it wasn't and heard a pice of the last molar in the back on the top right hand side go *crunch*. Oh. Shit. It didn't hurt then so I went on with my day but it was hurting when I woke up today. Just sort of a dull ache and the ragged edge of the chipped porcelain crown has been hacking into the side of my cheek which doesn't help any.

    I called the dentist this morning and the earliest he can work me in is first thing tomorrow but he promised to call if there was a cancellation since I live ten minutes away.

    Grrrr. It's not the lady at the middle eastern store's fault. She didn't speak English very well and when I asked "Pitted?" she said, "Yes pit" and I thought that meant yes, it's pitted but she meant yes, there is a pit. Cross cultural failure of communication.

    Bur still Grrrrr. Not at anything in particular. Just at the fact that it hurts.

  2. #1062
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yeah, the bark was what I was hoping to try. Although I really shouldn't. I have so many "hockey pucks" of snacky things I've made out of tallow and coconut butter that just take up too much space in my freezer! But the idea of not wasting the grounds is appealing. I have been making those chocolate mug cakes for dessert. My BF really likes them. I bet putting the ground-up grounds in there would work. I bet you could put ground-up grounds in with chicken and chiles in adobo sauce for mole-style fajitas burritos.

    I think the french press did a pretty good job, but I either didn't use enough grounds or didn't wait long enough or both. Should be fun to experiment with this stuff. I got the 1.5lb bag.
    I bet it would be great in a mug cake. I make a rule with myself that I don't get to brew anymore new Crio Bru until I use up the bark already in the fridge. Oooooh mole! That is a great idea.

  3. #1063
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,445
    I use my tea infusing ball for my Crio Bru and let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Perfect!

    And I've stirred the grounds (without further grinding) into homemade coconut milk ice cream. Very yummy chocolate chip ice cream!

  4. #1064
    JudyCr's Avatar
    JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,169
    I made my first cup of Crio bru too weak, tasted it, set aside to cool then froze in ice cube trays. I make real strong coffee sometimes for iced coffee so I think the Crio cubes will be good in that. I do the same thing with coconut cream cubes if I haven't used the carton fast enough.

    Bummer about the tooth, PB, hope it doesn't hurt too much. I like the gas at the dentist office

  5. #1065
    mdrive's Avatar
    mdrive is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    darn, tried to submit a picture and the whole message disappeared!

  6. #1066
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    Here's the tongoriro crossing. my friends did it completely out of shape and it took them 10 hours or something. DH and I figure that we could probably manage it "as is" in 8-9 hours. But, if we got into shape, we'd likely be closer to 8, which would be good. more time to stop along the way and enjoy the views and stuff.

    though now DH is going . . . hmm. sydney or melbourne? goof ball, I got him interested. Also, my parkour kid that i'm mentoring in business, he's exchanging parkour for mentoring. . . so he might be interested in forming a team.

    i always do this to myself.

    the kid is 4. he also wants to join the team, but is upset that you can't join until you're 18. i told him it's due to electrocution risk.

  7. #1067
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    and "ouch!" re that tooth. i hope it gets taken care of soon!

  8. #1068
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I use my tea infusing ball for my Crio Bru and let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Perfect!
    And I've stirred the grounds (without further grinding) into homemade coconut milk ice cream. Very yummy chocolate chip ice cream!
    Oooh that sounds heavenly.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I made my first cup of Crio bru too weak, tasted it, set aside to cool then froze in ice cube trays. I make real strong coffee sometimes for iced coffee so I think the Crio cubes will be good in that. I do the same thing with coconut cream cubes if I haven't used the carton fast enough.

    Bummer about the tooth, PB, hope it doesn't hurt too much. I like the gas at the dentist office
    Crio Cubes! What an idea. We are all such geniuses. I think it's the Crio Bru making us smarter.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    darn, tried to submit a picture and the whole message disappeared!
    I hate it when that happens. Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Here's the tongoriro crossing. my friends did it completely out of shape and it took them 10 hours or something. DH and I figure that we could probably manage it "as is" in 8-9 hours. But, if we got into shape, we'd likely be closer to 8, which would be good. more time to stop along the way and enjoy the views and stuff.

    though now DH is going . . . hmm. sydney or melbourne? goof ball, I got him interested. Also, my parkour kid that i'm mentoring in business, he's exchanging parkour for mentoring. . . so he might be interested in forming a team.
    i always do this to myself.
    the kid is 4. he also wants to join the team, but is upset that you can't join until you're 18. i told him it's due to electrocution risk.
    Oh, that's lovely. I wish I lived in New Zealand. Maybe I'll retire from my retirement there someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    and "ouch!" re that tooth. i hope it gets taken care of soon!
    Thanks for the concern everybody. It's not super sharply painful, just sort of a dull ache. 9am tomorrow it gets fixed. That means I just have to make it through tonight. I may resort to an Advil PM.

  9. #1069
    Twibble's Avatar
    Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Crio Cubes! What an idea. We are all such geniuses. I think it's the Crio Bru making us smarter.
    Crap. I guess I should procure some before everybody else leaves me in the dust.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  10. #1070
    Jac's Avatar
    Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,376
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Crap. I guess I should procure some before everybody else leaves me in the dust.
    My thinking exactly . I've spent ages on the net this morning (instead of working) trying to find out if anyone is selling it in NZ. So far the closest I can get is Oz - not too shabby.
    Started Feb 18 2011

    Journalling here

    "There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •