Page 106 of 306 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 106

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    today was/is DS's birthday. I think we did it right today.

Got up early with DS and had a nice breakfast, then did his presents from his grandparents as well as us (i didn't realize it, but DH bought DS some gifts several months ago-- more lego, which DS loved). DS was able to have a good 4-5 hrs with his toys before we headed to the office, wherein I taught a gang-busting sized class -- *completely full*! WOOHOO!

Then we went to the zoo. Had a blast -- finished up rolling down a hillside (one of my favorite things to do) and being covered in goose poop. Which of course made me laugh something fierce. Then DS and I played chase, which was really fun.

There were 3 other parents and children, and my firend made the gluten free, sugar free, dairy and egg free chocolate cake. I know it sounds like nothing, but it's delicious. Served with yogurt and then I made a fruit/nut trail mix as well.

We are tired and extremely full from the cake. LOL

I am so . . . caked out. Our neighbors made a GF cake for DS on Monday, then on Tuesday, our coworkers brought cookies for him as a birthday gift. Yesterday, we ate the rest of the cookies, and then today was cake again! no more cake for me, goodness.

I love the pictures. looking fabulous. Also, following on the thread about seizures and ketosis and seems like things are going really well in the ol' N-1. Interesting stuff.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PS. I'm looking at an Aussie tough mudder in Feb 2013. so, here's what I'm thinking.

a. it is unlikely that i will actually get to the race, all things considered in my business and what-not right now.
    b. i am ridiculous.

nevertheless, i suggest that i

a. do the training as if there's going to be a training day; and
    b. on that day, do something really great like the tongoriro crossing or some other longer/tougher hike.

for b, i was talking to my friend about whether or not DS would be ready for a "sleep-over-ish." Our friends will happily hang with him while DH and i do the crossing, and we'll be home to chill -- but they'll feed him and get him comfy for bed and we'll rock in all exhausted and not have too much to do.

hmmm. it's a thought.

not that tongoriro is that difficult of a crossing, mind you, but . . . it's an idea.

Anyway, hmm.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    OMFG, those pics are smokin' !
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Just as am am right now in my living room.
    Ooh la la! You get better every time I see you, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    it means 42 for me. does that make me the answer to the ultimate question
    LOL. I <3 you a bit, young Quelsen.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

chrisay59 is offline Member
    Smoking hot!!!! That would be coconut smoking hot!!!!!! lolo

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow, PB, you don't need to lose a thing. You should be in movies.

My Crio Bru came but I was out of cream so I drank it plain. It's pretty good. Not as rich as I'd hoped but it does smell heavenly in the package and while it's brewing. I got the french roast cavala flavor. I also got a french press. Now I have to figure out how you save the grounds to make stuff. Do I need to put them in the dehydrator?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    PS. I'm looking at an Aussie tough mudder in Feb 2013. so, here's what I'm thinking.
    a. it is unlikely that i will actually get to the race, all things considered in my business and what-not right now.
    b. i am ridiculous.
    nevertheless, i suggest that i
    a. do the training as if there's going to be a training day; and
    b. on that day, do something really great like the tongoriro crossing or some other longer/tougher hike.

for b, i was talking to my friend about whether or not DS would be ready for a "sleep-over-ish." Our friends will happily hang with him while DH and i do the crossing, and we'll be home to chill -- but they'll feed him and get him comfy for bed and we'll rock in all exhausted and not have too much to do.

hmmm. it's a thought.
    not that tongoriro is that difficult of a crossing, mind you, but . . . it's an idea.
    Anyway, hmm.
    Happy Birthday to the Primal kiddo, Zoe. Is that 4 or 5? I've lost track. He was 2 when we met. Yikes, time does go by. A tongoriro crossing sounds exotic. I have no idea what it is. Will goole later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    OMFG, those pics are smokin' !
    Thanks Jac.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Ooh la la! You get better every time I see you, girl!
    LOL. I <3 you a bit, young Quelsen.
    Thanks, Sigi. I <3 Quelsen too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisay59 View Post
    Smoking hot!!!! That would be coconut smoking hot!!!!!! lolo
    Thanks<sipping coconut milk tea>

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow, PB, you don't need to lose a thing. You should be in movies.

My Crio Bru came but I was out of cream so I drank it plain. It's pretty good. Not as rich as I'd hoped but it does smell heavenly in the package and while it's brewing. I got the french roast cavala flavor. I also got a french press. Now I have to figure out how you save the grounds to make stuff. Do I need to put them in the dehydrator?
    Thanks SB! That's sweet of you. I'm pretty OK with how I look now. A few "vanity pounds" hiding in the jeans that show when I put my arms down and bend over. I just need to keep everything toned and work on some strength. Maybe not drop any pounds on the scale, just swap out five or ten of fat for muscle.

The Crio Bru does smell heavenly. I don't have a french press, I just do mine in a Mr. Coffee machine. You don't need to dry the grounds to re-use them. Just put them in the blender. Something where you want a little crunchiness, like muffins, you could just add them as is. I only blend them to smooth them out for making bark in the freezer. I'm not sure if a regular blender would do this though or if you would need a heavy horsepower one like my vitamix.

Also just boiling the Crio Bru in a soup pot, cowboy coffee style works well and extracts more flavor from less grounds because you can just let it stew. It doesn't go bitter the way coffee would.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    <snip>A few "vanity pounds" hiding in the jeans that show when I put my arms down and bend over. <snip>
    hmmmmm
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    hmmmmm
    You have a naughty mind, Honey Badger. I like it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Crio Bru does smell heavenly. I don't have a french press, I just do mine in a Mr. Coffee machine. You don't need to dry the grounds to re-use them. Just put them in the blender. Something where you want a little crunchiness, like muffins, you could just add them as is. I only blend them to smooth them out for making bark in the freezer. I'm not sure if a regular blender would do this though or if you would need a heavy horsepower one like my vitamix.

Also just boiling the Crio Bru in a soup pot, cowboy coffee style works well and extracts more flavor from less grounds because you can just let it stew. It doesn't go bitter the way coffee would.
    Yeah, the bark was what I was hoping to try. Although I really shouldn't. I have so many "hockey pucks" of snacky things I've made out of tallow and coconut butter that just take up too much space in my freezer! But the idea of not wasting the grounds is appealing. I have been making those chocolate mug cakes for dessert. My BF really likes them. I bet putting the ground-up grounds in there would work. I bet you could put ground-up grounds in with chicken and chiles in adobo sauce for mole-style fajitas burritos.

I think the french press did a pretty good job, but I either didn't use enough grounds or didn't wait long enough or both. Should be fun to experiment with this stuff. I got the 1.5lb bag.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs