Page 105 of 306 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 105

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That was exactly my first thought - I'm going even lower on my f'ing carbs.
    PB, I want you to journal every single morsel you put in your mouth.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    *looks at the bookshelves in the background*

*swoon*

We've decided that I can't be friends with people who don't have books. It just doesn't end well.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird you absolutely rock. I am still 18 months off 50 - and boy if I look as good as you when I get there - I will be stoked !!!!

You are truely an inspiration to this old Gwamma !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Here: Crio Brü and Crio Beans are Rich in Antioxidants, Minerals and Natural Energy - Healthy Chocolate for Healthy Living

If you buy $75 or more the shipping is free and it got here in 4 days.

Yes, that Choffey does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I liked the fact that the Crio Brew stuff is all fair trade.
    The Crio Brew is also a couple of bucks less expensive per pound. (I guess if you get featured on Oprah, you can jack up the price.)
    Here is another site where you can get it. It's not as commercial as the choffy and Crio Bru The ground cocoa comes in a ziplock type bag. I bought the Ghana 2011 roasted brewing cocoa. It's a little bit finer grind than the Crio Bru and seems to have more fat in it.

Chocolate Alchemy - Brewing Cocoa

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I checked my local health food stores and no luck finding a similar product to the crio bru. So I ordered it. Now I have to go and get a french press or something because I usually use an espresso maker for coffee. Unless...has anyone just tried doing it like cowboy coffee? That's where you boil the water with the grounds, then you add cold water when the coffee's at a rolling boil so the grounds fall to the bottom.
    I've made my brewed cocoa in both a French press and an electric drip coffee maker. When I make it in the coffee maker I hit the button for the 2 - 3 cups and it slows the drip down. Comes out great.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!swoon!!!!!!
    Anything for you, Sweetums.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    LOL. That really is a great bod but I love your high cheekbones too. (ketosis has been good to ya)
    Thanks. I feel like my facial structure has "come out" more with the low carb plan. No point in having good cheekbones if nobody can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hot mamma!
    Takes one to know one.....

Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    yikes...that puts me at 30....i've been way overdoing carbs (usually around 50)
    almost all of the carb is from vegetables and some fruit (plums), iow....mostly meats, eggs, and SALAD..

so according to my intake today, i had a big bowl of the oxtail soup (with the celery, onion, carrot) and 3 sliced roma tomatoes/olive oil/balsamic....and i'm now at 34 carbs....who knew eating salad could do so much damage!!
    i think this will be the most difficult part for me....reducing carbs....i've been off wheat for some time and rarely eat anything 'packaged' but i truly love to eat salads and grilled vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms etc)
    i guess dinner tonight will be 2 grilled burgers and that's it!
    great pic, btw....the arms look great....i'd have to photoshop to have those guns!
    Nothing wrong with veggies and salads. Just figure out which veggies are your friends and which aren't. If you look on the Atkins site they have carb chart breakdowns for all the veggies in the world. Please don't go totally carnivorian. That way lies nutritional deficiencies ( not to mention boredom).

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    it means 42 for me. does that make me the answer to the ultimate question
    You, m'dear are the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    *looks at the bookshelves in the background* *swoon*
    We've decided that I can't be friends with people who don't have books. It just doesn't end well.
    I agree. I had a first date once with a guy who looked at my books and said, "Gee, did you really read all of those?" Um, yes. "Gee, I don't really think it's worth it to read much, renting the DVD is just so much easier". Needless to say, there wasn't a second date there.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Paleobird you absolutely rock. I am still 18 months off 50 - and boy if I look as good as you when I get there - I will be stoked !!!! You are truely an inspiration to this old Gwamma !!!!!!
    50 is the new 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Here is another site where you can get it. It's not as commercial as the choffy and Crio Bru The ground cocoa comes in a ziplock type bag. I bought the Ghana 2011 roasted brewing cocoa. It's a little bit finer grind than the Crio Bru and seems to have more fat in it.
    Chocolate Alchemy - Brewing Cocoa
    Thanks, I will try that one next and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I've made my brewed cocoa in both a French press and an electric drip coffee maker. When I make it in the coffee maker I hit the button for the 2 - 3 cups and it slows the drip down. Comes out great.
    I've found I can also re-brew the same grounds with about half as much water for a second half pot. Also the cowboy coffee method works really well. The only problem is that it leads to ant attacks in my kitchen.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    That was exactly my first thought - I'm going even lower on my f'ing carbs.
    PB, I want you to journal every single morsel you put in your mouth.
    OK. Just for you.
    Breakfast : 1 cup coconut milk spread out over several cups of tea
    Lunch : 4 oz camembert cheese
    Dinner : 1 big bowl of home made beef stew including beef, veggies, pesto sauce and marinara sauce slow cooked together

total calories about 1700. macro %ages 72f/7c/21p . I met all my targets today except I went a few grams overboard on the protein. That was a hearty stew. I didn't get around to entering all the ingredients in my SparkPeople recipe calculator until after dinner.

The macros that the Atkins For Seizures website suggests for ketosis are about 64/6/30. So I still did better than that today.

I'm still fiddling with this myself, figuring out how far I need to push it (or not) to get the benefits.

This, because I promised, is my boring looking but yummy stew. Jazzed up with a few cherry tomatoes for color.
    Photo on 2012-08-29 at 18.08.jpg
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Your boring stew ain't boring. I don't trust stew with too many geegaws in it (pet stew peeve of mine). I wanna' taste who can make a rockin' stew that can stand on its own. The geegaws can go on my BAS.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Awesome pics (thoughtful pause). The tomatoes make your stew look vaguely photoshopped though..... I can't say why my brain is telling me that.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Your boring stew ain't boring. I don't trust stew with too many geegaws in it (pet stew peeve of mine). I wanna' taste who can make a rockin' stew that can stand on its own. The geegaws can go on my BAS.
    This stew did rock taste wise. I used the last of a batch of pesto in it so the whole house smells like basil and garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Awesome pics (thoughtful pause). The tomatoes make your stew look vaguely photoshopped though..... I can't say why my brain is telling me that.
    Yeah, the tomatoes kind of reflected in the flash of the computer camera. They kind of look neon. I need to get my regular camera fixed. The computer camera flash does weird things.