Page 101 of 306 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 101

  1. #1001
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    I'm in love with you both...AND your parents! Wonderful.

    Zoebird,
    I'm new so I don't know you well but could you tell me here or in a PM what you do and if you do it for others?
    Zoe only checks in now and then these days so I will presume to answer for her. She is a yoga instructor with her own business and is in crazy excellent physical shape.

    Something ZOe, Betorq, and I share is elderly parents with health problems. I recently got my Dad to go Primal and he is off four out of his five meds and has the BP of a young person, at 86! Betorq has been making great progress getting his Mom on board. The fact that he is an awesome cook probably helps. I'm so glad Zoe's Dad is finally coming around as well.

    I think there are probably a lot of people around here dealing with older relatives, trying to break through the blinders of CW and get them to see that this is not some new fad, it is a return to the way food is supposed to be.

  2. #1002
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've heard of a PCT run down near San Diego. This might be it. PCT 50 Trail Run - Home but there's this shorter one, too. Home - Noble Canyon 50k I wish I was in the kind of shape it takes to run like this. I just can't run up the hills at all. Or go that far.
    50k is about 31 miles. Noooooo. Not doing that. I could walk it over the course of two days but not running. No tanks.

  3. #1003
    meeme's Avatar
    meeme is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennswoods
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Zoe only checks in now and then these days so I will presume to answer for her. She is a yoga instructor with her own business and is in crazy excellent physical shape.

    Something ZOe, Betorq, and I share is elderly parents with health problems. I recently got my Dad to go Primal and he is off four out of his five meds and has the BP of a young person, at 86! Betorq has been making great progress getting his Mom on board. The fact that he is an awesome cook probably helps. I'm so glad Zoe's Dad is finally coming around as well.

    I think there are probably a lot of people around here dealing with older relatives, trying to break through the blinders of CW and get them to see that this is not some new fad, it is a return to the way food is supposed to be.
    I love you all! Once the benefits keep coming it will be undeniable for those who truly want good health. All your efforts will benefit everyone. I'm so hoping I can continue getting better..already I feel better even on my very restricted diet I can eat well with this. I want to try your meatloaf when I find it, and once I figure out a good marinade without wheat I'll make myself some jerky.

    Oh, and I want to make some fatbread!

  4. #1004
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    I love you all! Once the benefits keep coming it will be undeniable for those who truly want good health. All your efforts will benefit everyone. I'm so hoping I can continue getting better..already I feel better even on my very restricted diet I can eat well with this. I want to try your meatloaf when I find it, and once I figure out a good marinade without wheat I'll make myself some jerky.

    Oh, and I want to make some fatbread!
    Welcome meeme. I usually use Apple cider vinegar to tenderize the meat overnight and then rinse that off and spice before dehydrating into jerky. And I sometimes use wheat free Tamari, usually sold near the soy sauces. Meatloaf is on page 96.

    I'm so glad you are feeling good and making progress. Stay with it.

  5. #1005
    meeme's Avatar
    meeme is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennswoods
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Welcome meeme. I usually use Apple cider vinegar to tenderize the meat overnight and then rinse that off and spice before dehydrating into jerky. And I sometimes use wheat free Tamari, usually sold near the soy sauces. Meatloaf is on page 96.

    I'm so glad you are feeling good and making progress. Stay with it.

  6. #1006
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    meeme,

    yes, I can do the same for you. PM me, and I can give you the run-down of the process, costs, etc.

  7. #1007
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    I think having a race to look forward to is a good idea -- or any kind of goal. I find that it really helps people to stay focused and have fun on the journey. Also, being a data-collector on yourself, it gives you something to measure.

    In other news, I'm psyched about work transitioning to being finished at 3 pm.

    This sets up DH's exercise day for Monday afternoon; DS and I will likely go swimming then so that I can teach DS how to swim. Then on Wednesday evenings I have skating; and then on Friday's we're going to be doing our hiking/adventures again. Sundays will alternate between archery and parkour lessons. Wednesday afternoon DS will have art time with our friend -- they both really enjoy it. And that leaves plenty of open time to just hang out at the park, the beach, and do normal life stuff.

    Go figure that I already make myself busier before I've even finished being busy.

  8. #1008
    mdrive's Avatar
    mdrive is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    per my first ketostix test, i showed 'mild' ketosis on under 50 grams of carbs per day....i've been adjusting my protein down just a bit to stay near 60 grams, so we'll see what happens...

    made some beef liver pate' cooling in the fridge now....tasted better than my first effort of classic 'liver and onions' but it is extremely RICH, so i'm not sure how much i can eat ....since i'm not eating any kind of cracker, how do you serve your pate'

    i'm thinking of frying up some bacon and adding bacon bits to my next effort....has anyone ever tried bacon with the pate'?

  9. #1009
    mdrive's Avatar
    mdrive is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    I've been eating a lot of bone marrow lately. It's a wonderfully fat source for ketosis and I swear it makes you feel like you've had a bone marrow transplant eating it. I always mean to keep the "used" bones for soup stock but I don't always succeed because my dog gives me *that look* and I just give in an let him have them. He has such fun slurping up any marrow bits I missed and gnawing off any gristly bits around the outside.
    PB, where do you find marrow bones and how do you cook (and eat) this? i used to pull the marrow out of my chicken drumsticks when i was a kid (turkey as well) and always ate the marrow from the 'round' bone in round steak...not sure how you make an entire meal of this!

  10. #1010
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think having a race to look forward to is a good idea -- or any kind of goal. I find that it really helps people to stay focused and have fun on the journey. Also, being a data-collector on yourself, it gives you something to measure.

    In other news, I'm psyched about work transitioning to being finished at 3 pm.

    This sets up DH's exercise day for Monday afternoon; DS and I will likely go swimming then so that I can teach DS how to swim. Then on Wednesday evenings I have skating; and then on Friday's we're going to be doing our hiking/adventures again. Sundays will alternate between archery and parkour lessons. Wednesday afternoon DS will have art time with our friend -- they both really enjoy it. And that leaves plenty of open time to just hang out at the park, the beach, and do normal life stuff.

    Go figure that I already make myself busier before I've even finished being busy.
    I do like geeking out with the numbers. I think "busy" is a natural state of being for you. But then there is frantic work schedule busy and there is fun busy. A good transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    per my first ketostix test, i showed 'mild' ketosis on under 50 grams of carbs per day....i've been adjusting my protein down just a bit to stay near 60 grams, so we'll see what happens...

    made some beef liver pate' cooling in the fridge now....tasted better than my first effort of classic 'liver and onions' but it is extremely RICH, so i'm not sure how much i can eat ....since i'm not eating any kind of cracker, how do you serve your pate'

    i'm thinking of frying up some bacon and adding bacon bits to my next effort....has anyone ever tried bacon with the pate'?
    Pate can be served in celery sticks or as the filling in a sandwich of two cucumber slices. The all time best pate delivery device however is a spoon. Yes, it's rich. That's the whole idea. Bacon bits sound good. You can add a lot of things to pate such as capers bell peppers, mushrooms, onions. The possibilities are endless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •