Thread: Paleo w/o losing weight page

kmodell is offline Member

Paleo w/o losing weight

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I have a problem and am looking for suggestions. I know that most people who go Paleo lose weight. I can't afford to do this but like living Paleo. Is there anything I can do to continue eatting Paleo without it being a 'lose weight' diet?

Thanks

peril is offline Senior Member
    Paleo can be varied to be a lose, maintain or gain weight diet. The best way to maintain or gain weight is to get good exercise, including lifting exercises. Eating sufficient protein will help lose weight if you need to lose, and maintain weight at an appropriate level. If you want to gain, the workout and increase calories accordingly
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you'll only lose weight if you're in a caloric deficit. see to it that you're not. lift weights too, muscle weighs more than fat.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    a lb is a lb -- a lb of muscle has less volume than a lb of fat (takes up less space).

it is entirely possible to maintain or gain weight on a paleo diet. you just have to eat enough calories, in the right amounts for your needs.

kmodell is offline Member
    Thanks for answering. I want to maintain - not gain or lose weight. I can exercise but can't do weights as I am handicapped.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    a lb is a lb -- a lb of muscle has less volume than a lb of fat (takes up less space).

it is entirely possible to maintain or gain weight on a paleo diet. you just have to eat enough calories, in the right amounts for your needs.
    of course a pound is a pound! that's a tautology because the weight is assumed in that statement. if somebody says iron ore ways more than goose feathers, and you reply that a pound of iron ore weighs the same as a pound of goose feathers, it's correct and tautologous - it begs the question. because equal weights of any two substances, are... equal weights.

i'm assuming, as anyone does when they compare weights, relative volumes.