Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taralynn McNitt, the Undressed Skeleton

Hybrid View

Taralynn McNitt is a "tumblr famous" blogger who lost 100 pounds in her late teens on a low calorie diet that includes a fair amount of grains. Her blog details her "healthy eating" lifestyle and is filled with recipes, pictures of herself and her dog, Mr. Grumples, befores and afters, "fitness" tips, motivation etc. At 5'8" she weighs 112 and says that "happy is healthy, healthy is happy" etc.
    Undressed Skeleton

She has a website up as well:
    taralynnmcnitt.com -
    Last edited by fiercehunter; 06-27-2013 at 11:24 PM.

I don't get it -- why post?

First, if she is healthy, then who am I to judge. I think it's entirely possible for people of the ectomorphic body type to be under the weights of their mesomorphic and endomorphic counterparts. So, it is possible that she is a healthy weight. I'm an ecto-meso and when I was a vegan triathlete, I weighed 118 lbs. At the same time, my mother who is 5 ft 5 was on weight watchers and exercised about 2 hrs a day and was also 118. After having the baby, i got down to about 135 without any real effort (no gym, no specific dietary protocols except that I was vegetarian at the time and would walk a fair bit), and then going primal, dropped to 125.

I know that if I worked out more (eating the same), I'd probably be down at 118 again, but I have no need to be there in particular because the number isn't special to me. I like my current lifestyle and body fat percentage, so. . . yeah.

Second, the food actually looks pretty tasty. Sure, it's not primal and has a lot of versions of things that I wouldn't do, but most of it looks yummy.

Third, I like her lunch tupper ware. I need to get some of those or something similar because that would be nice.

Forth, Mr Grumples is cute.

I think it's interesting how ridiculously slim she is despite her grain intake.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I think it's interesting how ridiculously slim she is despite her grain intake.
    You should see a psychiatrist about your eating disorder, like yesterday
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    You should see a psychiatrist about your eating disorder, like yesterday
    Oh please shut up. I don't have an eating disorder. I eat primally & have no desire to follow much of any of the Undressed Skeleton's advice since most of it won't work for me.

It is *interesting* to me that this girl does so well on a system that wrecks most of us. Can't any of you admit it's interesting?

It is *interesting* to me that this girl does so well on a system that wrecks most of us. Can't any of you admit it's interesting?
    I don't see what is interesting about it. A lot of people follow this form of diet -- which is similar to so many plans like weight watchers, etc -- and a lot of people loose weight non-primally and so on and so forth. Who am I to argue that different things can work?

After all, I wasn't "wrecked" in any particular way when I ate CW, nor as a vegan per se (ultimately, I needed more cholesterol, but that wasn't necessariyl the fault of veganism, so much as my own genetic history), nor as a vegetarian, nor as primal (though i haven't done the more "extreme" -- to me at least -- things that I've seen on here. Just basic, run of the mill primal).

I don't get why it's interesting to you. Perhaps explain?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't see what is interesting about it. A lot of people follow this form of diet -- which is similar to so many plans like weight watchers, etc -- and a lot of people loose weight non-primally and so on and so forth. Who am I to argue that different things can work?

After all, I wasn't "wrecked" in any particular way when I ate CW, nor as a vegan per se (ultimately, I needed more cholesterol, but that wasn't necessariyl the fault of veganism, so much as my own genetic history), nor as a vegetarian, nor as primal (though i haven't done the more "extreme" -- to me at least -- things that I've seen on here. Just basic, run of the mill primal).

I don't get why it's interesting to you. Perhaps explain?
    She seems happy eating muffins for breakfast, grains at many meals per day etc. I knew by the time I was in my late 20s that this was not really healthy. Her advice may work for some people but many will *never* really be healthy starting every day with a bran muffin. Yes, I think the phenomenon that "I've lost weight and have a website to tell you all about it" is kind of interesting because it's so common- everyone has an opinion it seems on what is "healthy".

It's also kind of interesting to me that the US weighed 200 lbs as a teen which she blames on junk food and eating too much. I ate junk in my teens and at times quite a bit and the most I ever weighed was 120. Just proves we're all different according to our genetics.

I think it's likely due to caloric restriction plus movement. Works all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think it's likely due to caloric restriction plus movement. Works all the time.
    I exercised like a maniac in my late teens, did not overeat in the least and had a diet similar to TL, was not even remotely skinny.

canio6 Guest
    I exercised like a maniac in my late teens, did not overeat in the least and had a diet similar to TL, was not even remotely skinny.
    Genetics/differing bodies are a bitch? I'll never be skinny or small or whatever (which is good because I am a dude) I just do not have the body for it. My frame is too big, my legs are (to quote a body builder friend) 'like f*cking tree trunks' and I honestly do not think it is possible to be even 'normal' according to BMI. 159 pounds? Yeah, I don't think that will ever happen. To be skinny I think is pretty much impossible. She's a young girl with the right body type; you're not. Be the best 'you' you can be. Whether primal or CW or whatever is the best way to get there is something you have to decide (I'm guessing primal as you have been doing it for 10+ years)