Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Taralynn McNitt, the Undressed Skeleton page 2

  1. #11
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    ^^ Um actually I am 5'1" and weigh 90 lbs; my body fat is in low 20s. I wear a size zero, have for years. But no I am not skinny like TLM because I am very short. My genetics to be generally slim though are quite good.
    Yup, I know what you look like. You are not shy about sharing your height/weight etc. Yet earlier you lamented:

    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I exercised like a maniac in my late teens, did not overeat in the least and had a diet similar to TL, was not even remotely skinny.
    As such your genetics/body/whatever must be different than hers as you did not get the same results. Now you say you are 90 pounds. Great. Good for you. You got there eating primal for 10 years. Cool. Your body works better on primal. Hers works better (for now?) on grain. You even state yourself that you are not "skinny like TLM" because you are short. Another difference in genetics/body type. So nothing I said was incorrect.



    Quote Originally Posted by primalswan View Post
    Sorry but 90lbs at 5'1" makes you pretty darn skinny.

    I'd think so too but apparently being all that and a size 0 is not enough for fierce. Oh well.

  2. #12
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,227
    Maybe she wants to be a '-1'?

  3. #13
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Wonder what will happen to her when she hits 40, perimenopause symptoms hit, and her metabolism takes a dump. c.c
    maybe nothing. several of my clients are right around 5-5 to 5-8 and have slim body types. they didn't gain weight into their 40s, 50s, or 60s. Most of them have several children. They are also active, and eat a diet that is basically CW healthy. Sometimes it is body type.

    most of them took up yoga at this age because they felt stiff. yoga helped them not feel stiff and then still enjoy all manner of movement.

    many of the women in my classes now who are over 50 and 60 are quite fit -- even if they are larger in size than my slim-type ones due to their body types. That is, they are runners, hikers, and play all manner of sports, while also doing yoga 1-3 times a week. Most of them eat CW as far as I can tell. Some of them eat "british diet" which is pretty pastry and meat-pie heavy as far as I can tell.

    End of the day, people are different.



    Anyways, I have three things to point out:
    1. Skinny fat
    Her images don't provide much evidence of this per se. I know a lot of women her size who are very fit and strong -- lifting weights and so on -- and looking similar. Looking at her, I wouldn't say "skinny fat." She is very thin, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with this. I can't seem to find (without digging) where her workout routine is.

    Edit: I found the rountines -- mostly body weight stuff and stretching and old school body weight training methods. She even does a sprint/walk session. Honestly, it looks do-able. The 99 even looks like fun.

    So, yeah.

    2. She will likely be one of the 1 in 3 women who get cancer, due to her high carb intake.
    Goodness, I hope not. But, you never know.

    3. She is using processed oils out the wazoo. "Use Pam or I can't believe it's not butter."
    True, and I think this is the biggest issue, really. This is likely what will lead to health problems for her down the track, honestly. She's still young now, the body can process a lot at this age. In a decade, or when she is concerned about fertility, then it'll become an issue.

    Not to mention, to me, she looks like a really bad candidate to breed with. Where are the hips? Where is the waist? Why is her elbow poking out so weird?

    She needs some meat. >=|
    To me, this is just mean-spirited. I think she looks like a lovely girl, and it is probably safe to assume that she'll be able to have a child and birth normally and naturally.
    Last edited by zoebird; 05-06-2012 at 08:28 PM.

  4. #14
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think she looks like a lovely girl
    Yup, looks fine to me, and fierce says in her first post that the girl lost 100 pounds. Good for her I say.

  5. #15
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,087
    Ok, here's the thing. You didn't talk about her health. In that last line, you talked about her looks and it's relationship to what you think is worth breeding with.

    What if this girl was 100% primal, doing everything right, and looked the same? Same comments? Same assertion that she is too thin? not a good candidate with which to breed?

    It's mean-spirited.

    She is a young woman. She has accomplished a lot of things in her 21 years. Sure, she's not perfect and in the coming years, she'll very likely learn about healthy, real foods as this information takes hold in the public consciousness. And, she is pretty. I don't see any reason why we should tear her down because we suspect she might be unhealthy or because we simply do not like how thin she is (and therefore may assume she is unhealthy).

    It's no wonder this younger generation gets so darn frustrated. Do something great -- get torn down. Do something bad, get torn down. Do nothing, get torn down. Do something and fail on the way to succeeding, get torn down.

    It's not cool.

  6. #16
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    There is something concerning about her website that I can't quite put my finger on. I noticed one of the comments was about how calories were limited to 500 day?

    If there is not eating disorder at play here, I'd say her meals are still better than about 95% of teenagers out there. CW eating is still far, far better than crappy SAD eating.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

  7. #17
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    4,100
    I think she looks quite healthy and very beautiful. I can't comment on her diet and overall health, I didn't really poke around that much, but I do think her food pictures look perfectly healthy and balanced on the surface, even if they are so-called grain-heavy. If she's really do super low-cal then I am doubtful that any part of her diet is heavy in anything. This is why mimicking anyone's diet without first experimenting on your own might lead to false-positives/negatives and leave you wondering what you're doing wrong. I think The human diet is widely subjective. It's always nice to hear suggestions and insights from others! I love hearing new ideas, methods, and testimonials of others. Makes me sometimes try something I wouldn't have considered. Delivery is important, though.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

  8. #18
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    It is not mean-spirited, just an observation and a serious question. To me, she could use about 20 more pounds of fat and muscle. Just because she lost a lot of weight does not mean that she could not lose too much, and it does not mean that she is healthy as she is.
    muscle and fat have nothing to do with 'baby breeding hips'

    if i were gonna gripe on anything about her, it would be her taste in food. it all looks icky
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

  9. #19
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,087
    I basically did one of her "little lunches" into fit day (using the information she provided and an estimate of the rest) and the calories from that was about 400. Add to that some snacks (since she seems to have those too), and it seems to me that she's probably averaging around 1500 calories per day.

    That's 100 less than I do on average. And if she's getting 1200, I don't think that's a big stretch either, honestly. She does seem to put in a fair amount of protein.

    Can't say that she doesn't ahve an eating disorder, but I'm not going to assume that she does.
    Last edited by zoebird; 05-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.

  10. #20
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I basically did one of her "little lunches" into fit day (using the information she provided and an estimate of the rest) and the calories from that was about 400. Add to that some snacks (since she seems to have those too), and it seems to me that she's probably averaging around 1500 calories per day.

    That's 100 less than I do on average. So, no bigs there.

    Can't say that she doesn't ahve an eating disorder, but I'm not going to assume that she does.
    Maybe the comment meant 500 calories per meal, not per day. That would be much more reasonable.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •