Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 781

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 76

  1. #751
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,243
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    6000 calories, 300g protein, 9 hrs of sleep, please make some gains.
    Easy, Gadsie... I saw your other threads on abs and I forget what else. Yeah, you are working hard and not seeing it as fast as you would like, but please trust that it will happen in due course. The fact that you are 15 has an awful lot to do with this. Both my brother and my nephew laid on the mass closer to 18, and now they are awesomely filled-out men. When you get there, you will be SO far ahead of the curve because of the groundwork you are laying now.

  2. #752
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Easy, Gadsie... I saw your other threads on abs and I forget what else. Yeah, you are working hard and not seeing it as fast as you would like, but please trust that it will happen in due course. The fact that you are 15 has an awful lot to do with this. Both my brother and my nephew laid on the mass closer to 18, and now they are awesomely filled-out men. When you get there, you will be SO far ahead of the curve because of the groundwork you are laying now.
    Thanks for the uptalk
    But the problem is that my progress is close to zero, and wouldn't a 15 year ol be able to grow muscle at all? Did your brother do SS? It takes about 3-4 weeks for me to put 5 lbs on a lift, sometimes longer. And what also happens is that there sometimes is something wrong in my form which I don't notice, personal trainers don't notice, and this forum doesn't notice, and my back gets hurt once I go heavier, and I have to deload about 2 months worth of lifting. But I think I'll learn a little with every mistake, at least I'm sure I won't quit
    Billie trips balls

  3. #753
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Thanks for the uptalk
    But the problem is that my progress is close to zero, and wouldn't a 15 year ol be able to grow muscle at all? Did your brother do SS? It takes about 3-4 weeks for me to put 5 lbs on a lift, sometimes longer. And what also happens is that there sometimes is something wrong in my form which I don't notice, personal trainers don't notice, and this forum doesn't notice, and my back gets hurt once I go heavier, and I have to deload about 2 months worth of lifting. But I think I'll learn a little with every mistake, at least I'm sure I won't quit
    My nephew is a farm boy, and he throws around hay bales and pick-up truck engines and renegade calves and dead deer and stuff like that. In his spare time he lifts using old weights that he and his dad stockpile down in the barn (but I don't know what, if any, "program" they do), and he used to do high school wrestling. I am SO glad he got out of that - the weight classes are crap and what he used to do to meet weight I personally consider stupid from the ground up, mostly because I am a more holistic kind of person and I don't think growing kids/young adults should EVER be fooling around with weight classes for any reason, except perhaps for medically indicated monitoring of some condition - but that is beside the point. Anyway, despite all the heavy work, he didn't pop until 17.

    My brother is a machinist, now 42, part-time drag-racer, and throws around hot rod chassis and tires and industrial water pump parts and his itty-bitty wife (in a nice way ). He doesn't do much except live an active life (lots of boating - a favorite) and still he packed it on at 18, and not earlier, although he did avail himself of the weight room at our old high school some.

    Gadsie, how tall did you say you are?? If you are already over 6 feet, dude, you have been growing like a weed, and you will need to be careful not to injure your growth plates and back! My Third (my third daughter - she is disabled and has muscular/joint issues among all her other stuff) has a pediatric orthopedic surgeon who is also a sports medicine doctor, and he is ALWAYS grousing about how young people get these crazy ideas about what is a Good Thing To Do and injure themselves; he should know - he works at one of the pre-eminent hospitals in the US and even treats Olympic gymnasts and other professional sports types. I had a friend at high school who got TALL early in his teen years, and did injure himself - despite his bone doctor's CLEAR WARNINGS - not to play basketball with the 18-year-olds because his extremely fast growth put him at risk for bone injury (he was told it would get better and that he could play basketball with the big boys in a year or two at most)... but he didn't listen, played b-ball with them anyway, they played for keeps, and then he had to endure total sports lockdown because of this stupidity.

    I'm glad to hear that you DO backtrack and take care of yourself - smart kid, you are. If I knew how, and also weren't so internet shy, I would send you a photo of my brother at exactly age 15 - he looks EXACTLY like you, blond hair and all (we are genetically almost completely German, the rest is a smattering of Dutch...) - some definition everywhere but not huge amounts of mass, kinda' lanky with his height, but STRONG. If you saw him today, he is a rock. Same with the nephew.

    My hubby was a total skinny beanpole in high school (we were dating already in high school), and despite an almost total intentional disregard for any kind of sports or exercise, I have watched him fill out just after 18 anyway.

  4. #754
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,455
    A bit of a personal question I guess but how far into puberty are you? Hormone levels can change dramatically and that could be a huge factor. I was an active kit and teen doing a lot of play and sports.
    I didn't start lifting until Uni. Didn't have the lifting knowledge I have now but I was following a progressive program. I was getting stronger but not seeing size gains. Just before Christmas that year I hit an emotional and physical wall and left the gym for the holidays. I came back in January 20lbs heavier, a lot stronger and with a new drive. You will get there.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  5. #755
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,455
    [QUOTE=Crabbcakes;998810

    Gadsie, how tall did you say you are?? If you are already over 6 feet, dude, you have been growing like a weed, and you will need to be careful not to injure your growth plates and back! [/QUOTE]

    He may be better focusing on bodyweight moves for a couple of years to help avoid injury.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  6. #756
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    My nephew is a farm boy, and he throws around hay bales and pick-up truck engines and renegade calves and dead deer and stuff like that. In his spare time he lifts using old weights that he and his dad stockpile down in the barn (but I don't know what, if any, "program" they do), and he used to do high school wrestling. I am SO glad he got out of that - the weight classes are crap and what he used to do to meet weight I personally consider stupid from the ground up, mostly because I am a more holistic kind of person and I don't think growing kids/young adults should EVER be fooling around with weight classes for any reason, except perhaps for medically indicated monitoring of some condition - but that is beside the point. Anyway, despite all the heavy work, he didn't pop until 17.

    My brother is a machinist, now 42, part-time drag-racer, and throws around hot rod chassis and tires and industrial water pump parts and his itty-bitty wife (in a nice way ). He doesn't do much except live an active life (lots of boating - a favorite) and still he packed it on at 18, and not earlier, although he did avail himself of the weight room at our old high school some.

    Gadsie, how tall did you say you are?? If you are already over 6 feet, dude, you have been growing like a weed, and you will need to be careful not to injure your growth plates and back! My Third (my third daughter - she is disabled and has muscular/joint issues among all her other stuff) has a pediatric orthopedic surgeon who is also a sports medicine doctor, and he is ALWAYS grousing about how young people get these crazy ideas about what is a Good Thing To Do and injure themselves; he should know - he works at one of the pre-eminent hospitals in the US and even treats Olympic gymnasts and other professional sports types. I had a friend at high school who got TALL early in his teen years, and did injure himself - despite his bone doctor's CLEAR WARNINGS - not to play basketball with the 18-year-olds because his extremely fast growth put him at risk for bone injury (he was told it would get better and that he could play basketball with the big boys in a year or two at most)... but he didn't listen, played b-ball with them anyway, they played for keeps, and then he had to endure total sports lockdown because of this stupidity.

    I'm glad to hear that you DO backtrack and take care of yourself - smart kid, you are. If I knew how, and also weren't so internet shy, I would send you a photo of my brother at exactly age 15 - he looks EXACTLY like you, blond hair and all (we are genetically almost completely German, the rest is a smattering of Dutch...) - some definition everywhere but not huge amounts of mass, kinda' lanky with his height, but STRONG. If you saw him today, he is a rock. Same with the nephew.

    My hubby was a total skinny beanpole in high school (we were dating already in high school), and despite an almost total intentional disregard for any kind of sports or exercise, I have watched him fill out just after 18 anyway.
    Yeah the last thing I want is having to stop squatting. But I don't believe teens shouldn't lift as they can with proper form. I will be doing regular squat-deadlift checks and listen to my body
    Last edited by Gadsie; 11-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Billie trips balls

  7. #757
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    A bit of a personal question I guess but how far into puberty are you? Hormone levels can change dramatically and that could be a huge factor. I was an active kit and teen doing a lot of play and sports.
    I didn't start lifting until Uni. Didn't have the lifting knowledge I have now but I was following a progressive program. I was getting stronger but not seeing size gains. Just before Christmas that year I hit an emotional and physical wall and left the gym for the holidays. I came back in January 20lbs heavier, a lot stronger and with a new drive. You will get there.
    How do I know how far I am? I know that my feet haven't grown anymore in 2 years, have a pretty noticable mustache and a very vague beard when I don't shave, it's about 3-4 years ago that my voice started cracking, I've got armpit hair since I was 10-11 or so
    Billie trips balls

  8. #758
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    To avoid undereating today after working outi planned what to at least eat today



    Looks good
    Billie trips balls

  9. #759
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,243
    All of it sounds super yummy - except for the bananas. I HATE bananas. And for me to get FIVE of them down... it would have to be the only food available before certain starvation. (But my kids like them, so I buy them for the progeny.)

    I have never used tracking programs for food, so I have a question - "whole" milk is 4% here in the US, so does the program only "do" 3.25%, or is that what you are choosing to use? I can't believe that Holland doesn't have really creamy milk.

  10. #760
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    All of it sounds super yummy - except for the bananas. I HATE bananas. And for me to get FIVE of them down... it would have to be the only food available before certain starvation. (But my kids like them, so I buy them for the progeny.)

    I have never used tracking programs for food, so I have a question - "whole" milk is 4% here in the US, so does the program only "do" 3.25%, or is that what you are choosing to use? I can't believe that Holland doesn't have really creamy milk.
    It's 3,75% and it doesn't have "added vitamin d" but this is the only whole milk in the cronometer database.
    I don't understand you don't like 'em, you have tried both ripe and unripe?
    Billie trips balls

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •