Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 73

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    Dark chocolate may have some purpose for your weight training. I post over here on eatcleanlift hard and Mountain Man has done some good post on this. You may find them helpful Dark Chocolate

Personally, I'm cutting right now and am on calorie restricted diet so I don't really have a place for it right now and find it addictive. I am adding some unsweetened cocoa powder to my shakes, but it seems the real benefits are in the fat.
    I think I'll switch over to 90+%
    Billie trips balls

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    that's my personal choice. I don't really look for that sweet taste with chocolate anymore, I want the bitter savory flavor
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Dublin in 2 weeks, excited
    Billie trips balls

My "organic grocery store" gave me a 50 card to spend there because I come there everyday and they wanted to thank me
    Billie trips balls

I want a girlfriend
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I want a girlfriend
    What would you do with one if you had one? (honest question, no sarcasm intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    What would you do with one if you had one? (honest question, no sarcasm intended)
    Watch the stars, watch movies, hve sex, you know the cliche.
    The problem is i'm a pussy when it comes to girls, I can scream and run around like a chicken in school and not give a sh*t, or I can talk about the most crazy stuff with girls which most guys would be emberassed about. But when I like a girl, my balls shrink and I end up in the "friend zone".
    Everbody says girls like the "bad boys" and don't like "nice guys". I don't believe this, I think girls like confidence. I think that's the most important thing. I think this because I can walk up to a random girl, say "hey, you're cute" and talk about random stuff and get her number, and anyone can do this. It's just that I can't talk to a girl I like.

Maybe all of the above doesn't make sense, i was basically thinking out loud
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    You are making sense - you are just growing up, that is all, and trying to figure yourself (and the opposite gender) out and stuff. None of that really ever comes across eloquently, so don't worry. Heaven knows I would never have won any writing or speech awards from the teenage stuff I tried to articulate.

FYI - if you haven't figured it out, this frequent visitor to your journal, Crabbcakes, it pretty much arch-conservative about a lot of things, and dating and the girlfriend/boyfriend thing is one them. So - since you are as old as my oldest daughter, I will offer to you some of the same talk I give her...

I hope you were joking about the sex thing. I have nothing against sex at all - quite the opposite, in fact - but sex is in reality a huge responsibility and is something that should be treated with a lot of respect, even if most of Europe doesn't see it that way. And I'm not just talking pregnancy or disease - I am also talking about emotional issues. I am hoping that you have the sense to wait a while longer.

As far as girls go, they are individual in their tastes in boys. You can't just say that "girls like this", because there is no one truth for all girls as a whole, and guys who really believe/say that are plain old immature. And wrong. Some of the gals DO like the bad boys, but lots don't. The most important question here is who and what are YOU. What kind of a guy do YOU want to be? What kind of behavior and attitudes and values will let you look yourself in the mirror and like that guy looking back at you? When you get to that point, the girls who are good matches for your value set will come along and/or notice you, and it just may be that none of those ladies are in your school or neighborhood.

As far as my personal choices go, I go for the nice guys (so do all of my friends), and yes, confidence is a huge turn-on. Not cocky or arrogant or conceited - just bone-deep confidence... makes me go weak in the knees. I find that bad boys need to grow up. They are fun for a little while, but their lack of emotional depth and maturity gets to me fast.

I think that the whole teenagers-need-a-steady thing is ill advised. Sometimes two people find each other in their teens, but most often not. There is nothing stopping you from going to the movies or star-gazing or anything else with friends who just happen to be girls, but not "girlfriends". I don't think there is anything shameful in the "friend zone" at your age, even though that is not where you want to be. I have a couple of guy friends who are much beloved, and I wouldn't trade their guy perspective and being for anything. It is actually really, really cool that I can be real friends with them without all the hassles that a romantic attachment would bring.

The "friend zone" is the only place my daughters are allowed to be for the next while, and they are really okay with this. Everything legal and moral that they could wish to do can be done with friends.

Try not to be too impatient - there is a gal out there who will appreciate your awesomeness - give it time. It'll happen. And don't worry about your nuts... eating Primal makes them more powerful...

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    You are making sense - you are just growing up, that is all, and trying to figure yourself (and the opposite gender) out and stuff. None of that really ever comes across eloquently, so don't worry. Heaven knows I would never have won any writing or speech awards from the teenage stuff I tried to articulate.

FYI - if you haven't figured it out, this frequent visitor to your journal, Crabbcakes, it pretty much arch-conservative about a lot of things, and dating and the girlfriend/boyfriend thing is one them. So - since you are as old as my oldest daughter, I will offer to you some of the same talk I give her...

I hope you were joking about the sex thing. I have nothing against sex at all - quite the opposite, in fact - but sex is in reality a huge responsibility and is something that should be treated with a lot of respect, even if most of Europe doesn't see it that way. And I'm not just talking pregnancy or disease - I am also talking about emotional issues. I am hoping that you have the sense to wait a while longer.

As far as girls go, they are individual in their tastes in boys. You can't just say that "girls like this", because there is no one truth for all girls as a whole, and guys who really believe/say that are plain old immature. And wrong. Some of the gals DO like the bad boys, but lots don't. The most important question here is who and what are YOU. What kind of a guy do YOU want to be? What kind of behavior and attitudes and values will let you look yourself in the mirror and like that guy looking back at you? When you get to that point, the girls who are good matches for your value set will come along and/or notice you, and it just may be that none of those ladies are in your school or neighborhood.

As far as my personal choices go, I go for the nice guys (so do all of my friends), and yes, confidence is a huge turn-on. Not cocky or arrogant or conceited - just bone-deep confidence... makes me go weak in the knees. I find that bad boys need to grow up. They are fun for a little while, but their lack of emotional depth and maturity gets to me fast.

I think that the whole teenagers-need-a-steady thing is ill advised. Sometimes two people find each other in their teens, but most often not. There is nothing stopping you from going to the movies or star-gazing or anything else with friends who just happen to be girls, but not "girlfriends". I don't think there is anything shameful in the "friend zone" at your age, even though that is not where you want to be. I have a couple of guy friends who are much beloved, and I wouldn't trade their guy perspective and being for anything. It is actually really, really cool that I can be real friends with them without all the hassles that a romantic attachment would bring.

The "friend zone" is the only place my daughters are allowed to be for the next while, and they are really okay with this. Everything legal and moral that they could wish to do can be done with friends.

Try not to be too impatient - there is a gal out there who will appreciate your awesomeness - give it time. It'll happen. And don't worry about your nuts... eating Primal makes them more powerful...
    Thanks for your talk

I was joking about the sex, but also not. I want to have sex, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen soon.
    I think that pretty much the only thing that separates the "bad boys" and the "nice guys" is the confidence to talk to girls. A combination of the two would be ideal, I think. I've got the nice guy thing, but hve to work on the confindence to actually tell a girl what I feel.
    Anyway, I know this girl, where I do all of these things with (just no sex or being romantic). I can literally do anything around her. She has a boyfriend, which is also one of my friends, and he is also completely fine with everything. It's cool she has. Aboyfriend because it actually makes things less tensed for me. Being in the friend zone is fun, if you both really just want to be friends
    Billie trips balls

Off to dublin tomorrow
    Billie trips balls

Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast