Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 68

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some people fast when sick, because it allows your body to focus on getting rid of the toxins making you ill. Just follow your body's cues.

I make bone broth by taking the carcass from a whole chicken/ham bone, etc, covering with water in a slowcooker, sprinkle some satl, and let cook for at least 12hrs. Since you're feeling ill, sipping on it without anything else in it might help.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Thanks! I hope I can find those things. I have never seen them apart from liver but I haven't asked the butcher yet.
    I'll definitely try it.

btw, how much does your daughter eat now? I try to get in as much food as I can, mostly low fat for easier digestion. But for now I can't really down more than 1500 calories or so. Well, maybe I can, but not without suffering . I know that most often listening to your body is best but to eat literally nothing for 3 days seems extreme so I do eat as much as I can.
    Just so you know, here in the US, sometimes there is a baggie of chicken odd bits stuck into the cavity of the bird, and in that baggie are usually the neck, gizzard, liver, and heart. Some chicken processors keep these bits and sell them separately or use them themselves though, so if your butcher doesn't have this, you can forget about it. My point was just that if you do happen to have them, it all can go into the stockpot - just not the liver. If you boil liver, you will end up with the nastiest taste in your broth.

I let my daughters tell me if they want to eat or not when they get sick. I am not worried if they don't want to eat for a while. Your body really does sometimes need to concentrate on getting the toxic crap out. Drinking broth should provide you all you need until your hunger returns. If you nibble around and don't want more right now, you are still doing okay. I have done two 10-day fasts before and not wasted away to nothing, so a few days of low-eating because you are sick won't harm you. Your hunger will return soon.

I don't know how many calories my daughters consume because we don't track anything at all. We just make sure the food is safe (as two of my four have allergies and such), of high quality, and that there is enough there to make everybody stuffed if that is how they all are feeling at mealtime. Over a week's time, it all balances out.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I really don't feel good about this. I'm not improving. Going to the doctor again monday, I don't know how this is going to end but one second at a time i guess
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You'll be fine, it's likely just a bug. Are you resting? Your body does most of its repair work while you are sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    You'll be fine, it's likely just a bug. Are you resting? Your body does most of its repair work while you are sleeping.
    I'm sleeping pretty much 10hrs a day while normally I sleep about 7..
    The nausea got better but the diarrhea won't get better ..
    Billie trips balls

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I'm sleeping pretty much 10hrs a day while normally I sleep about 7..
    The nausea got better but the diarrhea won't get better ..
    Some of the GI viruses and bacterial infections can take several days to a week to improve. Make sure to stay well hydrated and don't worry too much about calories while you are sick. Our bodies are just fine without tons of food for a few days. But fluids are very important.

You can call your doctor and ask if it would be okay to take some immodium to help slow things down for a bit. And then bone broth and lots of sleep.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

This sounds gross, but it's my journal so F it My diarrhea has become a low-fat yogurt texture instead of plain water feels good
    Billie trips balls

I'm going to make bacon ice cream.
    Billie trips balls

Damn, lost like 5 pounds. Well I went to gym again today and my strength didn't really suffer. So maybe just lost some fat and no muscle. Just goes to show that some "excess" bodyfat can be very useful. The lifting THANKFULLY made me hungry and I had a 2500 calorie breakfast after. And like a 1000 calorie dinner
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    See - your appetite did return. Glad you are feeling better.

Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast