Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 67

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ahhhh - okay. And because Greece is part of the EU, you don't need passports and such, I think.

You must have a fantastic friend, for his family to be so generous as well. I'm glad you got away for a while. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seafood, goat cheeses, goat meat, olive oil, lemons, greens, taramosalata (YUMMMMM), Greek red wine, and all that stuff. If I had to choose a cuisine for life, it might very well be Greek. Hope you check out the real local food and farmer's markets and all that and eat yourself silly!

Now - DON'T check in here until you get back, gel? ("gel" is a German expression - might have an equivalent in Dutch.) Go and have some sunny fun!!!

See you soon!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ahhhh - okay. And because Greece is part of the EU, you don't need passports and such, I think.

You must have a fantastic friend, for his family to be so generous as well. I'm glad you got away for a while. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seafood, goat cheeses, goat meat, olive oil, lemons, greens, taramosalata (YUMMMMM), Greek red wine, and all that stuff. If I had to choose a cuisine for life, it might very well be Greek. Hope you check out the real local food and farmer's markets and all that and eat yourself silly!

Now - DON'T check in here until you get back, gel? ("gel" is a German expression - might have an equivalent in Dutch.) Go and have some sunny fun!!!

See you soon!
    his parents are quite rich, not really rich, but they have some money. And they're also very nice and awesome. This hotel is great, (it's actually a camping), it's all inclusive, I've never had that before but it's basically free food 24/7.
    I guess you're right, I shouldn't check in here anymore but it's free wifi!
    But now I am here anyway, the food here is indeed amazing. It's all meat (even a lot of organs, not tasty but interesting), fish, cheese, fruit and ice cream.
    Lots of dutch girls here as well
    And see you in a couple days, I'll of course have fun,
    but this has gotta go on though
    Photo by gadsie • Instagram
    Billie trips balls

Back home.

It was pretty fcking awesome. We went to corfu town a couple of times, they also have a haagen dazs heaven there. Also we went to an aquapark
    This hotel/whatever it is is very cool. It's basically a town with a pool and a sea, you can just hang around. Free food, lots of meats/animal parts which were very delicious.
    I have had SO MUCH yogurt. Greek yogurt is (quite obiviously) reffered to as just yogurt in greece. it was absolutely amazing yogurt. I think I had like 3x what I normally have. Also I had just a little bit of rice pudding every morning. I don't have a swee tooth really but that rice pudding was also very good.
    Lots of hot girls as well (or beautiful, if that sounds more gentlemanish). I was able to follow SS with press, bench press, deadlift, pull/chinups and dips. But no squats because they only had a smith machine for that and that hurts my back.
    I also had octopus for the first time. My mom never lets me eat it because she can't stand the way it looks .
    Unfortunately I got a heavily bruised toe the last day, but it healed very quickly an I can almost walk normally again.
    Pictures tomorrow I think

Oh there was also this girl who I had eye contact with all the freaking time and she was kind of avoiding me. I may have been a little creepy. Or she was shy, but yeah
    Last edited by Gadsie; 08-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Billie trips balls

Pictures by gadsiegadsie - Photobucket

some vacation pictures. This was basically a free surprise vacation
    Billie trips balls

Sick
    Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain for almost 2 days now. yesterday I ate an undercooked conventional egg. So I really really hope that's it. Ate like 1800 calories yesterday and only a 1000 today. It's getting a little better, not much though. Doctor appointment tomorrow morning. I hope it's just food poisoning
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Bone broth! Feel better soon.

My 14-year-old is sick, too, as is my 13-year-old niece. I hear it is going around... We use chicken broth made from a whole fresh chicken. Feel better soon! BTW, nice vacation pics!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 08-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Bone broth! Feel better soon.
    My 14-year-old is sick, too, as is my 13-year-old niece. I hear it is going around... We use chicken broth made from a whole fresh chicken. Feel better soon! BTW, nice vacation pics!
    I haven't looked in how to make broth. But I can't get bones, or broth.
    I went to the doc just 3 hours ago and he thought it was just a virus and expects it to be over in 2 days. But I'm a little worried because I've never been sick longer than 3 days
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I haven't looked in how to make broth. But I can't get bones, or broth.
    I went to the doc just 3 hours ago and he thought it was just a virus and expects it to be over in 2 days. But I'm a little worried because I've never been sick longer than 3 days
    Hey Gadsie!

I know you are sick, but here is my recipe for homemade chicken broth just in case, or for the future.

Place all of the following into a stock pot/cookpot that has a lid and is large enough to hold all of it:
    1 whole chicken (check for the little bag of neck bones, heart, gizzard, liver - all can go in EXCEPT the liver - you can either cut it up or leave it whole, as I do)

2 whole carrots (do not peel them, just cut off the stem end, and whack into big chunks)

2 or 3 stalks of celery (cut same as the carrots)

a big onion or two (rub off a little of the onion paper, cut off the stem end, and cut into quarters)

a whole head of garlic (just rub off a little of the garlic paper and cut in half around the equator and add the
    entire head of garlic, remaining peels and all - it won't hurt anything or you)

1 teaspoon of peppercorns (white or black, your choice)
    1 Tablespoon of natural salt

1/2 cup mild vinegar (helps pull calcium out of the bones - you won't taste it later at all)

fresh parsley and/or thyme if you have them (just throw it into the pot, no cutting off stems - unless you need to trim off some damaged parts)

Now just add enough water to cover the whole thing and put the lid on top. Bring the stock to a low boil once, and then immediately lower the heat so the stock simmers very gently. Let it go for a couple of hours, but check once or so to see if you need more water - you shouldn't need much, if any. The stock is done when you can pull off some chicken meat super easy and it tastes like nothing (because then all of the flavor will have leached into the water - which is what you want).

Then you strain out all of the veggies/chicken/herbs for the compost pile and fiddle around with the salt/pepper if you think it needs it. If you want/like full-fat stock, drink it now. If not, then you put the stock into the fridge and spoon off the fat layer when cold. Done.
    --------------

Re the worried thing - if you are showing any improvements at all (like the diarrhea got better), you are on the upswing and it will be okay. Viral illnesses sometimes kick butt - my Second (my second daughter, the 14-year-old, is still sick but improving daily) is on day 5. Poor thing - today is her birthday, too! Hang in there!

Hey Gadsie!

I know you are sick, but here is my recipe for homemade chicken broth just in case, or for the future.

Place all of the following into a stock pot/cookpot that has a lid and is large enough to hold all of it:
    1 whole chicken (check for the little bag of neck bones, heart, gizzard, liver - all can go in EXCEPT the liver - you can either cut it up or leave it whole, as I do)

2 whole carrots (do not peel them, just cut off the stem end, and whack into big chunks)

2 or 3 stalks of celery (cut same as the carrots)

a big onion or two (rub off a little of the onion paper, cut off the stem end, and cut into quarters)

a whole head of garlic (just rub off a little of the garlic paper and cut in half around the equator and add the
    entire head of garlic, remaining peels and all - it won't hurt anything or you)

1 teaspoon of peppercorns (white or black, your choice)
    1 Tablespoon of natural salt

1/2 cup mild vinegar (helps pull calcium out of the bones - you won't taste it later at all)

fresh parsley and/or thyme if you have them (just throw it into the pot, no cutting off stems - unless you need to trim off some damaged parts)

Now just add enough water to cover the whole thing and put the lid on top. Bring the stock to a low boil once, and then immediately lower the heat so the stock simmers very gently. Let it go for a couple of hours, but check once or so to see if you need more water - you shouldn't need much, if any. The stock is done when you can pull off some chicken meat super easy and it tastes like nothing (because then all of the flavor will have leached into the water - which is what you want).

Then you strain out all of the veggies/chicken/herbs for the compost pile and fiddle around with the salt/pepper if you think it needs it. If you want/like full-fat stock, drink it now. If not, then you put the stock into the fridge and spoon off the fat layer when cold. Done.
    --------------

Re the worried thing - if you are showing any improvements at all (like the diarrhea got better), you are on the upswing and it will be okay. Viral illnesses sometimes kick butt - my Second (my second daughter, the 14-year-old, is still sick but improving daily) is on day 5. Poor thing - today is her birthday, too! Hang in there!
    Thanks! I hope I can find those things. I have never seen them apart from liver but I haven't asked the butcher yet.
    I'll definitely try it.

btw, how much does your daughter eat now? I try to get in as much food as I can, mostly low fat for easier digestion. But for now I can't really down more than 1500 calories or so. Well, maybe I can, but not without suffering . I know that most often listening to your body is best but to eat literally nothing for 3 days seems extreme so I do eat as much as I can.
    Billie trips balls

Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast