Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 55

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I would take the sprinting down to once a week, it may be you aren't giving your legs enough time to recover by adding those into the program. You also might consider dropping the pullups/chinups for a little while to see if that helps. I'd try lifting Su/Tu/Th with sprints Fri for a couple weeks and see if that helps.
    K thanks I'll try that.

Meanwhile I will also go looking for some lighter plates and gain weight. Maybe I need some more fat to gain more muscle? according to a skinfold caliper and various calculators I'm at 3-4% bodyfat.
    People on the BB forum say I 145 lbs for 6'2" is too light..
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    K thanks I'll try that.

Meanwhile I will also go looking for some lighter plates and gain weight. Maybe I need some more fat to gain more muscle? according to a skinfold caliper and various calculators I'm at 3-4% bodyfat.
    I would agree, entirely too light. My husband is 137lbs, 5'8" and IMO still too skinny. So only 8 more pounds but 6 more inches would make you even skinnier. As a female, I don't want to be able to count your ribs when your shirt is off. And you're a little young to be worried about this (although in the US kids start at like 14), but if a person doesn't have enough muscle/fat to cover their bones, it can make physical contact uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I would agree, entirely too light. My husband is 137lbs, 5'8" and IMO still too skinny. So only 8 more pounds but 6 more inches would make you even skinnier. As a female, I don't want to be able to count your ribs when your shirt is off. And you're a little young to be worried about this (although in the US kids start at like 14), but if a person doesn't have enough muscle/fat to cover their bones, it can make physical contact uncomfortable.
    You mean having sex? I actually don't see a problem starting young, personally I started feeling like having sex when I was like 11 so "grok" must've been starting around that age as well. But I'm way to scared of STD's because if I get one I'd have to explain it to my parents and that'd be awkward . So I'm not starting before 18

But you're a woman? I thought you were a man, that's not meant offensive. For some reason your username made me think you were a guy.

Personally, I don't want to be able to see ribs at the front but having some visible ribs at the side (like under your armpits) looks good.
    Billie trips balls

Nauseous. I have been doing pretty well for the last couple of days but it's back. I ate an entire chocolate bar and that made me nauseous. But I don't think that's the case of all the nauseation i've had. But maybe I can't handle a high amount of concentrated fat. However I can easily eat 100g of macadamias while feeling fine. So maybe it's the sugar? No, I ate an entire pint of ice cream just 1.5 month ago.
    Unfortunately after the the chocolate bar there was dinner and I didn't want to skip it because it would make my parents worry. Which made me even more nauseous. MAYBE I can't handle cacao? Well I add a lot of cacao powder to my smoothies and I feel fine. So then there is only 1 ingredient left in the chocolate; soy lecitin. But this is only a very small amount, but who knows.
    Or maybe my nausea isn't caused about the type of food. But it isn't about the amount either because sometimes I have a 2000-2500 calorie meal and feel fine. Maybe my stomach is just weird and doesn't like food at certain moments.
    But one thing is for sure, I'm never going to eat between 1pm (or so) and dinner because I don't ever want to eat dinner again while being nauseous.
    Billie trips balls

So it's 9PM now I didn't eat since 6PM. I'm think I'm going to do a 20hr fast because after feeling nauseous I really appreciate the feeling of hunger
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You mean having sex? I actually don't see a problem starting young, personally I started feeling like having sex when I was like 11 so "grok" must've been starting around that age as well. But I'm way to scared of STD's because if I get one I'd have to explain it to my parents and that'd be awkward . So I'm not starting before 18

But you're a woman? I thought you were a man, that's not meant offensive. For some reason your username made me think you were a guy.

Personally, I don't want to be able to see ribs at the front but having some visible ribs at the side (like under your armpits) looks good.
    Yep, I'm a woman. 29yo with 2 small kids. I'm talking about seeing ribs from the front. If you have any female friends you trust, you can always ask them what they think. Although, really, it's somewhat of a personal preference.

Been fasting for 15 hours now. I'm afraid I will have to continue the fast for at least another 5 hours
    Billie trips balls

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    K thanks I'll try that.

There's a difference between an e-stat and a real stat. Don't sweat it. Be happy you can even squat. I've had a nagging injury which has caused me to not be able to squat, deadlift, or use a bicycle for the past several months.

3-4% bodyfat? Very, very, unlikely. Under 5% is almost impossible to maintain for any period of time longer than a few weeks or days.

Regardless of not feeling great I'm pretty sure I got over 3000 calories without feeling too bad. I'm afraid of counting calories because I don't want to see a super low number. But I had like 4 handfuls of macadamias, 2 bananas, 2 small burgers, veggies, a lot of cheese, an apple, a big coconut milk/banana/cacao powder smoothie (about 350 ml) a tub of greek yogurt with berries and 1/3 of a pint of homade ice cream, a little stevia as sweetener. I think it's a great sweetener. So my body is definitely not starving but I used to eat more. I hope my real appetite will be back.

Also, when I'm on vacation in Italy, I'm gonna follow lesson in ice cream making
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    There's a difference between an e-stat and a real stat. Don't sweat it. Be happy you can even squat. I've had a nagging injury which has caused me to not be able to squat, deadlift, or use a bicycle for the past several months.

3-4% bodyfat? Very, very, unlikely. Under 5% is almost impossible to maintain for any period of time longer than a few weeks or days.
    I don't know, I find it hard to believe as well. But I got a skinfold caliper and I measure very accurately. I have used about every calculator I could find. Some calculators asked for skinfold sizes all around your body so I guess they must be quite accurate..
    Billie trips balls

Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast