Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 28

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And why am I craving carbs so bad? I have just eaten all the fat and protein in the world, and I've been sitting on my ass all day but I really want apples or something. Or rice pudding, that sounds good

Edit: It's a miracle, I found 2 apples and rice pudding. Ate it all and now my tummy is smiling
    Last edited by Gadsie; 06-04-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    And why am I craving carbs so bad? I have just eaten all the fat and protein in the world, and I've been sitting on my ass all day but I really want apples or something. Or rice pudding, that sounds good

Edit: It's a miracle, I found 2 apples and rice pudding. Ate it all and now my tummy is smiling
    Because you are growing.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Like what teach said. It is metabolically inefficient to make sugars out of meat proteins, but you need an awful lot of sugars for growth and muscle development, because cell division takes sugar. I crave carbs in the days following a lifting session, and I am not growing. You are going to need carbs all the time. Eat more potatoes? Low carb if for adults trying to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Like what teach said. It is metabolically inefficient to make sugars out of meat proteins, but you need an awful lot of sugars for growth and muscle development, because cell division takes sugar. I crave carbs in the days following a lifting session, and I am not growing. You are going to need carbs all the time. Eat more potatoes? Low carb if for adults trying to lose weight.
    Well, I thought going a little lower on carbs on rest days would be beneficial since it increases insulin sensitivity so when you lift weights the next day and carb load afterwards you will benefit from this because all the carbs will go to your muscles and your muscles grow faster. I'm pretty sure I've read that theory a lot around here, and not just from overweight people. I could be wrong though
    Billie trips balls

It sucks though cause I'm really full now and I really don't want dinner anymore. But my parents won't allow me to skip dinner of course, which is fine, it just doesn't feel very good to go against my body's will
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Well, I thought going a little lower on carbs on rest days would be beneficial since it increases insulin sensitivity so when you lift weights the next day and carb load afterwards you will benefit from this because all the carbs will go to your muscles and your muscles grow faster. I'm pretty sure I've read that theory a lot around here, and not just from overweight people. I could be wrong though
    Power lifters in their mid-twenties are not growing any more, and are very very fit. You are still growing and are not a hyper-fit power lifter who is already at his near-max muscle development. Those kind of body-builder tricks are not suitable for someone starting out at 15.

Cell division takes sugar. When you grow and make muscle, you use sugar, because growing is cell division. This is incidentally why cancer victims crave sugar too. Rest days are when your muscles grow, and when you grow.

The whole thing about insulin sensitivity is more relevant to older overweight people who have years of damage from grain abuse. You at 15 are not a twenty-something powerlifter, and you are not a overweight man between the age of 30 and 55. You insulin level already regulates itself fine and you have no reason to believe you are insulin insensitive. Anyway, you can safely eat carbs when you fancy them, which is going to be a lot.

Power lifters in their mid-twenties are not growing any more, and are very very fit. You are still growing and are not a hyper-fit power lifter who is already at his near-max muscle development. Those kind of body-builder tricks are not suitable for someone starting out at 15.

Cell division takes sugar. When you grow and make muscle, you use sugar, because growing is cell division. This is incidentally why cancer victims crave sugar too. Rest days are when your muscles grow, and when you grow.

The whole thing about insulin sensitivity is more relevant to older overweight people who have years of damage from grain abuse. You at 15 are not a twenty-something powerlifter, and you are not a overweight man between the age of 30 and 55. You insulin level already regulates itself fine and you have no reason to believe you are insulin insensitive. Anyway, you can safely eat carbs when you fancy them, which is going to be a lot.
    I understand I'm not an overweight 40 year old guy but I don't want to [I]become[I] overweight either when I'm 40. It is better to prevent than to cure.

Oh and look what my mom just came home with, I didn't even tell her about it, it's like she can read my mind http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share
    Btw, I rechecked the ingredients, and the only glucose syrup is in the coating of the macadamia nuts
    Billie trips balls

You are not doing any of the things that lead a man to be overweight by the time he is forty, because you are not living of grains and grain-products like beer, and you are not sitting down all the time.

Failing to carb cycle like a body builder will do you good overall. Eating in a way contrary to your manifest need for carbs during rest days will not be as good for you. You are craving them for a reason (unlike a 40 year old man craving beer and doughnuts for no reason).
    Last edited by billp; 06-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.

You are not doing any of the things that lead a man to be overweight by the time he is forty, because you are not living of grains and brain-products like beer, and you are not sitting down all the time.

Failing to carb cycle like a body builder will do you good overall. Eating in a way contrary to your manifest need for carbs during rest days will not be as good for you. You are craving them for a reason (unlike a 40 year old man craving beer and doughnuts for no reason).
    Haha I don't really think I "failed". I didn't try to resist the tempation of eating that rice pudding, because I, like you said, figured it'd be best to listen to my body. It's just that it's kind of a game for me. I like to be all like "I will eat high-carb on workout days and low carb on rest days" I just enjoy doing it. But maybe I shouldn't
    Billie trips balls

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really gotta quit counting cals and shit, it sucks. But then I'll end up either stuffed or hungry at the end of the day
    Billie trips balls

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast