Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 780

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 25

  1. #241
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Shop Now
    If your body has a nutritional need for sugar you won't get a sugar crash. I don't get it after eating ice cream in the days after weights. I did get one today when I ate a two sweets today at work with no gym visit for a week. And that was much less sugar than in ice cream. If you need the sugar for growing muscles you just feel satisfied after eating it.

  2. #242
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    If you are doing weightlifting you can have it every day or two. I do in the days following a gym visit. I think sugar facilitates cell division, which is great for growing children and people building muscle, and terrible for cancer victims! With the amount of lifting you do I am not surprised you crave ice cream. So go for it. The important thing is to be picky about the ingredients, an not end up eating soy, veg oil and HFCS. They all say what is inside on the label, so not difficult.
    Every day or two seems like a lot, but you definitely made me feel a lot better about eating ice cream Also greek yogurt with honey and berries satisfies my ice cream craving a little. And, what do you consider "a lot of lifting"? I do starting strength 3x a week. I spend about 45 minutes in the gym but with all the resting I think I might only actually be lifting 10 minutes.
    Billie trips balls

  3. #243
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    I'm back from my party, it was crazy! We went to the movies and spend the rest of the night running half naked down the streets, don't ask me why
    I had too much pizza and too much ice cream but I don't feel bad about it and eventually how you feel is where it's all about right? I also got offered beer but I stayed away from that.

    It was fun
    Billie trips balls

  4. #244
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Wow crap I think I lost 1-2 lbs, gotta keep the food coming
    Billie trips balls

  5. #245
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    If you are doing weightlifting you can have it every day or two. I do in the days following a gym visit. I think sugar facilitates cell division, which is great for growing children and people building muscle, and terrible for cancer victims! With the amount of lifting you do I am not surprised you crave ice cream. So go for it. The important thing is to be picky about the ingredients, an not end up eating soy, veg oil and HFCS. They all say what is inside on the label, so not difficult.
    I went on a search for good ice cream today, but the cleanest I could find contains:

    Cream, milk, sugar, water, macadamia nuts, glucose syrup, butter, coconut oil, salt, egg yolk,*
    sodium carbonate, natural vanilla flavor

    Everything seems fine but I don't know about the glucose syrup and sodium carbonate..
    Billie trips balls

  6. #246
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I went on a search for good ice cream today, but the cleanest I could find contains:

    Cream, milk, sugar, water, macadamia nuts, glucose syrup, butter, coconut oil, salt, egg yolk,*
    sodium carbonate, natural vanilla flavor

    Everything seems fine but I don't know about the glucose syrup and sodium carbonate..
    Look through somewhere with a good range of Haagen Dazs ice cream. There are other similar brands but that is the one I know about. The plain vanilla and plain strawberry are clean. No glucose syrup (which I am sure is HFCS). I think bicarbonate of soda is probably harmless. It is used as a raising agent in cakes instead of yeast.

  7. #247
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Look through somewhere with a good range of Haagen Dazs ice cream. There are other similar brands but that is the one I know about. The plain vanilla and plain strawberry are clean. No glucose syrup (which I am sure is HFCS). I think bicarbonate of soda is probably harmless. It is used as a raising agent in cakes instead of yeast.
    Damn, there is no cleaner ice cream here. No ice cream for me then oh well
    Billie trips balls

  8. #248
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Rubbish. I found an entirely different type of organic ice cream meeting those requirements only the other day. Ginger, it was. You can't have looked very carefully. I simply do not believe Haagen Dazs is not sold in Holland, and nor do I believe you have carefully checked the health food shops (reform houses? That is what they are called here - Reformhaus).

  9. #249
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Rubbish. I found an entirely different type of organic ice cream meeting those requirements only the other day. Ginger, it was. You can't have looked very carefully. I simply do not believe Haagen Dazs is not sold in Holland, and nor do I believe you have carefully checked the health food shops (reform houses? That is what they are called here - Reformhaus).
    That ice cream I named was haagen dazs. I first went to look in all the stores in town (2 grocery stores, 1 organic health store) then I cycled for half an hour to a town nearby and checked about 6 other stores. I also went to the haagen dazs website to check where they sell. I went to all of those food-chains but they only sell macadamia nut brittle and "cookies and cream".
    Billie trips balls

  10. #250
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    You are condemned to eat a small amount of HFCS in ice cream then, at least until you summon up the courage to ask a shop to start stocking a brand you like. A small amount of HFCS won't do you any harm - it is just not satiating like sugar, so you will eat more. In the quantities you are talking about it really doesn't matter. Sounds good enough.

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •