Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 781

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 24

  1. #231
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    Primal Fuel
    this is all so wrapped up in emotion, though, isn't it?

    I mena, when i eat, it's never this emotional. If i'm not hungry, and I happen to eat something to please someone else, I might say it like "I didn't like the taste of it, and boy, it made my stomach hurt!" Not "i hated it."

    See the difference?

  2. #232
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    this is all so wrapped up in emotion, though, isn't it?

    I mena, when i eat, it's never this emotional. If i'm not hungry, and I happen to eat something to please someone else, I might say it like "I didn't like the taste of it, and boy, it made my stomach hurt!" Not "i hated it."

    See the difference?
    Well maybe I didn't hate it but the night before I almost threw up and I don't think I should be pushed to eat when I feel sick anyway.
    My dad probably labelled me. He never believes me when I'm sick anymore (even though this only once-twice a year because he thinks it's a lie. He approaches everything I say in way of "a food obsessed boy told me that so it's probably not true".
    He also keeps asking "do you want a sandwich" "do you want ice cream?" and I keep saying no and then he calls me obsessed while in reality he is the one constantly talking about food, I'm just responding
    Last edited by Gadsie; 06-01-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Billie trips balls

  3. #233
    hulahoop's Avatar
    hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    It sounds like your dad is worried about you. Watching your child regularly skip meals and worry about every morsel would ring alarm bells in my head too. Have you got a copy of Primal Blueprint that your parents could read, to understand a bit better what it is you're trying to do?

    Perhaps next time you're offered ice cream, rather than 'i can't have ice cream' or something like that, how about 'i've just had an omelette (or whatever you've had) so i'm nice and full thanks'.

    I suspect your dad can tell you have food issues but doesn't know how to help.

  4. #234
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Yes Gadsie, if you don't want your dad to be worried about you then keep putting on weight. And if the ice-cream is "clean" there is no harm in having some. Haagen Daz do some very simply ice creams. Their vanilla has only cream, skimmed milk, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in it, and the plain strawberry version is very similar with strawberries instead of vanilla. If you are lifting weights as often as you say you are it is very likely to be beneficial for you to have more sugar in your diet.

  5. #235
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Yes Gadsie, if you don't want your dad to be worried about you then keep putting on weight. And if the ice-cream is "clean" there is no harm in having some. Haagen Daz do some very simply ice creams. Their vanilla has only cream, skimmed milk, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in it, and the plain strawberry version is very similar with strawberries instead of vanilla. If you are lifting weights as often as you say you are it is very likely to be beneficial for you to have more sugar in your diet.
    You know, I was wondering about this 'cheat'. Ice cream is actually the only non-primal thing I crave. I want it BAD. but i can't really enjoy small portions so when I eat it I want an entire pint. So I think I shouldn't do that too often. maybe once a month max?
    Billie trips balls

  6. #236
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    If you have an ice cream maker, you could make coconut milk ice cream. Some stores also sell it, though I am not sure if they do where you are at. Otherwise, go ahead and eat the pint, but not before you are sure you could stop yourself if you go overboard.
    Well, I was actually thinking about haagen dazs macadamia nut brittle, If I remember correctly, it was clean. And if I just buy 1 pint, I can't go overboard because I don't have more

    And I don't think I will have a sugar crash. After being primal for 2 months or so without cheating, I baked cookies with a friend, with a lot of sugar. I think I consumed like 150g of pure sugar that day, it only gave me energy and I never crashed.
    Billie trips balls

  7. #237
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Tomorrow is my birthday My parents let me choose a restaurant to have dinner. I found this awesome organic restaurant where and they cook everything in butter

    I'll save the unhealthy times for when I'm with friends
    Billie trips balls

  8. #238
    hulahoop's Avatar
    hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    Sounds lovely! I hope you have a very happy day

  9. #239
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    Sounds lovely! I hope you have a very happy day
    Thanks! And tonight I'm going out partying with friends, basically right now. So I'm out!
    Billie trips balls

  10. #240
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    You know, I was wondering about this 'cheat'. Ice cream is actually the only non-primal thing I crave. I want it BAD. but i can't really enjoy small portions so when I eat it I want an entire pint. So I think I shouldn't do that too often. maybe once a month max?
    If you are doing weightlifting you can have it every day or two. I do in the days following a gym visit. I think sugar facilitates cell division, which is great for growing children and people building muscle, and terrible for cancer victims! With the amount of lifting you do I am not surprised you crave ice cream. So go for it. The important thing is to be picky about the ingredients, an not end up eating soy, veg oil and HFCS. They all say what is inside on the label, so not difficult.

Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •