Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I have tons of goals and haven't started a journal yet. I'm a bit on the shy/don't 'air your dirty linen in public' type and also kind of overwhelmed at the intelligent, funny, and clever writers on these forums. I really should start a journal even if to share my experiences in the hope they may help someone the way other journals and threads have helped me so much.

My main goal is to get healthy and fit so my 9 year old son and I can hike and bike for longer than the mere 30/40 minutes I last before huffing and puffing... and so he doesn't have to take care of me when I get old and see me deteriorate like I recently went through with my Mom. On the way, I know I'll re-kindle a joy of life and discover all sorts of athletic stuff I want to try but just can't physically right now. He and I are saving up for loads of things like para-sailing (and that's the tip of the iceberg).

If you could do something challenging or daring this summer, what would it be?
    Last edited by Gadsie; 10-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    It is also literally a fly that zooms round and round a horse's head, gadding it. To gad is basically to bother harmlessly.
    So you must be glad I moved to the journal section! Everybody happy!

billp is offline Senior Member
    To gad is basically to bother harmlessly.
    I'm wrong. Dictionary says:
    verb (used without object)
    1. to move restlessly or aimlessly from one place to another: to gad about.
    noun
    2. the act of gadding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    So you must be glad I moved to the journal section! Everybody happy!
    For maximum entertainment value I think you should carry on posting the same teenage rants as before, but just put them all here. I wouldn't bother listing everything you like everyone else does. There are lots like that already.

We learn new things everyday

I wouldn't bother listing everything you eat like everyone else does. There are lots like that already
    isn't that where the journal area's for?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you are thinking less about restricting food. Your summer plans sound like a lot of fun, I hope you enjoy!

isn't that where the journal area's for?
    Yeah, but it's not really you niche, is it? It's never that interesting to read what someone else ate for their tea. Think of your readers. Besides you could eat anything at your age and it wouldn't have any effect. No fat middle-aged person is going to read that and learn something about what they are eating and think, "Hey, if I ate like a teenage kid I would gain muscle, not get fat and actually add inches to my height". Anyway, its not healthy to record and think about everything you eat. That's actually a weight loss technique.

Yeah, but it's not really you niche, is it? It's never that interesting to read what someone else ate for their tea. Think of your readers. Besides you could eat anything at your age and it wouldn't have any effect. No fat middle-aged person is going to read that and learn something about what they are eating and think, "Hey, if I ate like a teenage kid I would gain muscle, not get fat and actually add inches to my height". Anyway, its not healthy to record and think about everything you eat. That's actually a weight loss technique.
    Last edited by Gadsie; 10-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Haha, don't worry about the sweet potatoes, I LOVE them. I would eat them everyday but my parents don't like 'em so I don't eat them everyday but still about 3-4 times a week. Also tomorrow's dinner is a mix of 7 (!) different vegetables so I think I'm good on that.

By the way, I feel so much happier now that I loosened up on the food (how much and what I can eat). I just feel so much more freedom and I don't think about food so much anymore. Because of this I started enjoying so much more things in life and I hang out much more with friends like I used to . I still think about food pretty often but only in positive ways which I enjoy for example what kind of delicious meal I'm gonna cook tomorrow. and not in ways like restricting etc.

And that's thanks to you and some other awesome people on here
    Glad to hear all of that. And wow. Good for you.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast