Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll dump my stuff here page 13

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last edited by Gadsie; 10-24-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    Billie trips balls

Billie trips balls

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Yeah, maybe I should.. It's just that counseling made me pretty depressed because it made me really feel like I was some mentally handicapped guy. And it also makes me feel like I really have a serious disorder. (which maybe I have, I don't know)
    Overall you seem a pretty clued up young guy and not mentally handicapped at all. But you probably should seek help with the obsession about food quantities. Eating the right amount is an automatic process, one so automatic that most of us got fat eating the wrong foods. You are in a different position. Once your mind starts consciously analysing something that needs to be automatic, it doesn't work as well, and in the case of food, being concious of how much you eat and measuring the calorific value of everything leads to not eating enough. Blunts the automatics process, and the brain driven concious process doesn't work as well.

Let me give you an example. I know, intellectually, that numberplates are irrelevant. When I am driving I don't even notice them. But when I am walking about I do, and I end up being interested in unusual numberplates - something there is ample room for here, because there is naturally a great deal of variation in numberplates in this country due to the way they do it, plus an unlimited number and variety of foreign plates. I've have ever since I was a small boy.

But, it's irrelevant. Seeing a 'F-A 17' just doesn't matter. Working out which authority issues "VB" plates if not Bad Vilbel also does not matter. It is pointless and uninteresting. Now, me noticing something as silly as number plates when my mind is idle doesn't do any real harm because noticing them or not is not life-endangering.

The problem is that you are doing the same thing with calories. And unlike interesting-only-to-me numberplates, making concious what is normally ignored and automatic is actually very dangerous to you as your natural food control system is being overridden by your concious mind.

For this reason, however much you eat, you remain at risk of failing to eat enough and becoming Anorexic. Even though you may be in good health at the moment and gaining weight, you still need to seek help about this and learn enough about yourself to protect yourself. You did go through a very thin spell recently and that was health endangering. As other people have suggested, I think you should print off some of your threads from this forum and show them to a a doctor. They aren't going to do anything to you or lock you up. It will be just a case of discussing eating strategies with someone experienced with Anorexia. If you don't print off any threads they will probably not believe you unfortunately.

Billie trips balls

Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I understand what you're saying, and I've thought about that as well. But I don't think talking with some dude will make me stop thinking about calories, well maybe calories, but not food. I sometimes also get the feeling it's something physical. Because let's say I would only eat a small bowl of berries for breakfast. And brush my teeth to get the craving out of my mouth, I will feel comfortably full. However, 3 hours I will be hungry again, which makes sense. Now let's say I will eat 20 eggs, 2 pounds of beef and a lot of nuts or something, and I also brush my teeth to get rid of cravings, I will also feel full, but I will also feel just as hungry 3 hours later
    Maybe you should be brushing your teeth less. I hardly do now, as they don't get dirty like they do. I use a dry toothbruth once a day or less, and then a bit of alcohol based mouthwash like Listerine. No fluoride. I don't think you should be brushing your teeth to get rid of food cravings, you should just be eating more.

Cravings in general usually imply there is some nutrient you are not getting.

Billie trips balls

Billie trips balls

You aren't getting enough when you are still hungry. Otherwise sounds good.

Billie trips balls

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast