Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkour! page

zoebird is offline Senior Member

Parkour!

Shop Now
    So, today was our first family Parkour lesson with NZ Parkour Association!

It was a fun, two-hour intro class which they do once a month (first Sunday of the month), and there was a group of about 10-12 with DH being the oldest and DS being the youngest!

I had a great time. My legs petered out around the half-way mark, which was after a warm up, working on basic jumps and landings. We did a few other movements such as a side-leap thing (name i cannot remember) over a waist-high bar, and then some great quadriped movements there and back again, and then cat-walking on a ledge.

Then we started on rolls, which was fun but confusing -- though I managed to get one right -- and then we did some conditioning for the last half hour where I got chicken and didn't do two things, and my legs were wobbly which made doing the quadriped movement upstairs backwards really awkward and seriously difficult. Made me laugh the whole time.

The kid was absolutely game for the first hour or so, and then played with sticks and watched us, and then demanded ice cream (which he didn't get. he got eggs and oranges!).

All in all, an awesome time. They meet casually every sunday for some fun group training, and then the intro class is beginning of the month. We'll probably do several intro classes just to have the instruction and insight into the form.

Did I mention that I'm sore?

It's awesome!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Parkour, Parkour!

*jumps into dumpster*

I thought that was funny in The Office. We think of it a fair bit when we do these things.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I'm jealous, Zoe. Wish there was a parkour somethin'-somethin' where I am. I'd be curious to do an introduction, anyway.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

This might be a start, Patrick.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Jealous!! Sounds awesome. I've always wanted to try and would be stoked to find a good starting point!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

This might be a resource for you, Kakes.

And for anyone else who comes on the thread, it's easy. Go to google. Type in "parkour and [your city]" and guess what? Resources!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I wish there was parkour in NYC....

sounds awesome!

lol iniquity. there def is!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    A great resource for Parkour training vids: DemonDrills - YouTube I subscribe to their channel and they post exercises pretty often.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast