Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Parkour! page 4

patski is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm really interested in parkour! Maybe later this summer
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    this weekend is tomorrow at 1:00! I think we can attend! Yay! BTW, I stink at parkour. It's fun though, so that's good.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Hey Zoe. How is your son finding it? Do you think at nearly four my daughter is old enough to come with me to Parkour? It would make Saturday's more flexible if she came too, and I am bored to tears with playgrounds. I am also a bit bored with gyms, and lit looks like fun.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I wanna try parkour, but there's are no organized events anywhere close to where I live
    Billie trips balls

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    bilip:

No clue. Do you think your daughter would be into it?

My son loves it. When we walk to the office across town, we use the harbor walk which has lots of "obstacles" for him to do. He sings his own sound track while he does it. And we practice at home and at the office too -- which is really fun.

Both of us really enjoy it, though over the last 4 weeks, we have been unable to attend trainings because one of us has been sick or we had prior engagements.

I don't know if she would enjoy it or not. It would be good to find something outdoor and fun we could do together. If I take her swimming it is not intensive enough for me as she gets so frightened (although she likes being there), and bike rides are intensive for me but not for her, etc. etc. If it works ok for children of that age I think it would be worth trying.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I don't know if she would enjoy it or not. It would be good to find something outdoor and fun we could do together. If I take her swimming it is not intensive enough for me as she gets so frightened (although she likes being there), and bike rides are intensive for me but not for her, etc. etc. If it works ok for children of that age I think it would be worth trying.
    Parkour is very "natural" for lack of a better term, and it looks like the vast majority of kids really like it because it's just play time for them.

I'm going to be visiting this gym in about two weeks and spending a few days there Urban Evolution | Parkour and Freerunning in DC, VA, MD Area I will definitely be doing some intro to parkour classes and taking advantage of open gym time to play around, but I'm primarily interested in the gymnastics and conditioning classes they offer and will also be having some one-on-one time with one of the instructors -- I'm pretty excited about it.

Am thinking about doing Krav Maga now, but I will check that out first before bringing any three year olds along. Like most things, I expect that when matched against another three year old of similar weight they would both be fine and have a great time, and it is all about the underlying loving reality and not the moves or actually causing fear and injury in the class. She already keeps an 8 foot stick in her bedroom whose sole purpose is to hit me with for fun.

ArrGee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I wanna try parkour, but there's are no organized events anywhere close to where I live
    American Parkour has some basic tutorials if you want to try it out. Caveat: be smart and safety-conscious when trying these moves for the first time, especially without instruction.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234