Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parkour! page 3

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    This guy (and his mates) are pretty cool:

Urban Playground (Bristol Parkour) - YouTube
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

activia is offline Senior Member
    This looks awesome!!

I found one near me! I'm going to have to try it out!
    Parkour in MA
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

billp is offline Senior Member
    I might try this once my back feels less sore. I think I would need to lose some more weight to do all the jumps safely, but it looks very good for all round fitness and most importantly, fun.

ArrGee is offline Member
    I recently went back to parkour lessons after over a year (at Urban Evolution, if you're in Northern VA). I think I broke a Primal rule by going back full-throttle, though, and now I'm all hurty

Still, it's awesome!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

I was sore all week until this morning (Sun-Thurs). So DS and I are going to do a training today (in the rain no less).

I'm going to do the quadrupedal walking at the office, though.

So, my body is still sore from all of the quadrupedal walking stuff that i'm doing (backwards and forwards and now in the office stairwell going up the stairs backwards, which is really tough and totally develops your brain, i think).

We didn't go to training on Sun because I was zonked between just a long work week and also having a cold. It's not a bad one -- and we kicked it in 3 days, but still. It's from the kindy. I'm trying to figure out how to super-boost our immune systems before each school session, and so far, this has been the most successful (least illnesses in a session). But, still, had to miss parkour.

This weekend is also roller derby NSO-ing. Sunday is a day off at home just resting again, because I work on Saturday.

Dice Monkey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrGee View Post
    I recently went back to parkour lessons after over a year (at Urban Evolution, if you're in Northern VA). I think I broke a Primal rule by going back full-throttle, though, and now I'm all hurty

Still, it's awesome!
    ArrGee,
    Thanks for the heads up on the NOVA place. I keep wanting to try parkour but have yet to drag my ass to it. I'm down the road in Fredericksburg and work in Fairfax (Belvoir). So hopefully I can get up there at some point.
    "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

ArrGee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice Monkey View Post
    ArrGee,
    Thanks for the heads up on the NOVA place. I keep wanting to try parkour but have yet to drag my ass to it. I'm down the road in Fredericksburg and work in Fairfax (Belvoir). So hopefully I can get up there at some point.
    You should definitely check them out. They have a 2-hr intro class on Saturday mornings. I should probably do one again to refresh on basic skills.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

finally getting less thigh burn from jumping and quadrupedal walking. now i have to do more stairs in the quadrupedal way. upstairs backwards, down stairs forwards. fun, but not easy.

missed training this weekend because I was TOO zonked. fingers crossed for next weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast