Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Have Vibram FiveFingers helped you? page

Hailee94 is offline Junior Member

How Have Vibram FiveFingers helped you?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys... Just bought my first pair of Vibrams and I get them shipped in this week. Not sure if I should buy the Injinji mini socks to go with it or no socks at all-- any ideas? (:

NICU Rnnr is offline Junior Member
    I wear the socks for two reasons. 1: I have sweaty feet. 2: I was kind of between sizes and the socks gave me about 1/2 size and made my KSO Treks fit a bit better.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm likely going to get a pair of flows and a pair of others (not sure which other yet) and then injinji socks for the flows for winter which is wet and that might keep my feet slightly drier. but I dunno.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Love the vff, wear vff and flip flops only. I always wear injinjis with mine. KSO trek for work and treksports for walking and hiking.

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    I wear socks sometimes when I run in my VFFs. I bought a pair that are about a size to small and as a result my Treck Sports rub the ball of my foot and I get a blister. So when I run, I rock the Injini socks OR when I wear the Navy PT uniform since some SOB decided to make it required to wear socks with minimalist shoes. No socks when I weight train though.

grayumm is offline Junior Member
    Do the shoes keep your feet warm?

JLW1084 is offline Junior Member
    I have two pairs of VFF. The komodos and sprints. They have helped me alot as far as making my legs stronger and they also help with my workouts too. I have never worn socks with mine, but I am going to try a pair for the heck of it. If I could wear my VFF's at work I would. They are just awesome!

corndogibm is offline Junior Member
    I currently have four pairs of 'toe' shoes. one VFF, two Fila, and one Adidas. My right ankle has developed serious arthritis from multiple sprained ankles all my sports life and the right ankle falls inward serious pain . I have spent thousands of dollars on braces, inserts, and high end tennis/walking/cross-fit shoes and still had pain on every step. Since wearing the toe shoes, pain has decreased substantially. I am not sure if this is an issue, but I am constantly getting asked how I like my shoes and people don't want to try them, they don't like things in between their toes....

charity_g is offline Junior Member
    Personally, I LOVE mine and would wear them to work if I could! I do not wear socks, but perhaps I should try them for workouts...I have knee issues since I dislocated my right one 3 times palying soccer...since wearing the VFFs...no knee sweeling or pain...just my experience...

ArrGee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailee94 View Post
    Hey guys... Just bought my first pair of Vibrams and I get them shipped in this week. Not sure if I should buy the Injinji mini socks to go with it or no socks at all-- any ideas? (:
    I wore my classic vibrams for over a month walking back and forth from work, without socks, and no odoriferous issues. However, once I started using them for parkour, I've come to discover the much-maligned Vibram "stink". I pretty much have to wash them every week now to keep it at bay. Mine are sized just right, so socks aren't really an option, I feel.

On a separate note, make sure you ease into any high-impact activities in Vibrams very slowly. I have noticed my shins hurting again (I used to have stress-fractures from running years ago) since I started parkour in them.

Do as I say, not as I do :P
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast