Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Have Vibram FiveFingers helped you? page 2

Joshua Crosby is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought some in January to wear while reffing soccer. For that activity alone do I wear socks since it is mandatory, but I cut off the foot beyond the heel so it is still I suppose sock free. The socks, I have heard, further separate your foot from feeling the ground. You get decide towhether or not that is desirable.
    I love mine and wear them whenever I can. For soccer reffing, they were outstanding. In prior years, my quads would be knotted up like a crocheed blanket and halfway through the season, my right hamstring would get strained and severely limit my mobility. This season, my legs were never once knotted even a little and my hamstring stayed strong thoughout. Correct running form made all the difference. For some reason that I can't figure, the forefoot striking also made running much much easier. I love them.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    They've helped me out greatly by "forcing" me into a correct stride. I never realized how badly I was heel striking until I wore the VFFs. The first few "grok" walks (~7 miles) left me pretty blistered up, but my feet have toughened up and I love em!
    -Chuck

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    I use my KSO's for walking, sprinting and LHT's and my classics for running errands. No socks. The biggest benefit so far has been a marked decrease in SI joint pain in my hips. I also feel more connected to whatever surface I'm walking on.

And added bonus is they creep out my coworkers (I keep a pair of KSO's in my desk for walking breaks). I'll occasionally sneak my foot into one of their cubes and wiggle my toes. Gets them every time!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I wore them this morning when I walked to work. THEY WERE AWESOME. I have the Komodo Sport LS (I think that's the name of it or it's something similar). I am flat footed (small to no arch) so they helped keep my foot it it's natural position. They were lighter than my normal shoes, I didn't get shin splints and my walk was shortened by 5 minutes (at least). I felt like I was walking properly. No blistering (no socks worn). I did find some cleaning clothes for shoes which I plan to use after each use. I find them super easy to put on as long as you start with the big toe. Takes a few times to get the hang of it. Best purchase I've made recently.
    Last edited by Metric; 05-10-2012 at 06:26 AM.

I have FILA skeletoes because I'm cheap...in other news, I love to wear them, I guess the only thing it's helped is that my wife looks smoking hot wearing hers.

Vanbiesbrouck is offline Junior Member
    Have a pair of Bikila LS, wear them to work (internet companies, for the win) at times. Get a few comments and stares, but have also tried to spread the word a bit to. I like to wear them when hiking over rocks. Kinda hurts, but, in a good way.

I always have worn the socks with them, but, yeah, $ 10 per pair of socks seems kinda harsh. $ 100+ on shoes never really bothered me, and I understand due to the complexity involved you can't expect a costco 6 pack for 7.99 but still, that's kinda steep. Will probably try experimenting with cutting down the toes of some cheap ankle socks to see if I can make those work.

KurtGarvey is offline Junior Member
    I bought them last December because I have had knee problems the last few years. They have been great! My knee usually hit with pain after 1.5miles. I recently made it up to 4.2miles with no pain. Also my calves look much nicer

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I've ordered Jaya lr .. Can't wait 'til they get here.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Wow, they came today, very comfy and cute..I got the almond/copper ones.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have KSOs. I wear socks with them because otherwise I get blisters and they get too sweaty. They get too sweaty even with socks so if I work out in them I have to take them off to dry out my feet. I can't just keep on wearing them. When it's cold outside they are very cold to wear, painfully so sometimes. I can't walk across wet grass without my feet getting completely soaked through instantly so they're not good for wet conditions. I hurt my calves every time I go running in them. I can't seem to get the hang of it. When I walk in them my morton's neuroma can be felt on the bottom of my foot in a strange and uncomfortable manner. Sounds like I hate them, huh, but I don't. I feel like I'm having fun when I wear them so I'm even thinking of getting another pair. The best thing is that when I wear them in my core-fitness class I think they really help a lot for the balance exercises. Makes the exercises more challenging and thus improves my balance better.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast