Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any side effects with PB lifestyle? page

csauer52 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ok, this is my third attempt and I'm giving up after this one. I don't understand why my first two attempts were closed.

Attempt 3:

Good morning folks. I'm new to the boards but not new to the Daily Apple. I just finished reading PB and have been actively practicing for the last 10 days.

Background - I'm 39, 175 with 10% body fat (trying to get single digit). I'm currently on my third round of P90X, specifically week two. I plan to do this entire round primally in order to actively attack that last stubborn bit of fat covering my lower abs.

I've been limiting my carbs to between 50-80 grams per day with a total fast on Friday's (Lent is the perfect opportunity for fasting). I guess my quetion is has anyone suffered side-effects in the early stages? I just haven't been feeling right but I can't seem to put my finger on the exact nature of the problem. Will this pass as my body becomes more attuned to primal nutrition?

My workouts have been fine so I'm definitely fueled up enough. I just have a funny feeling in my head.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

A lot of people get what they affectionately call the "low-carb flu" when they first switch over. It has something to do with your body switching over from burning carbs as fuel to burning fat. If you search the site for "low carb flu" you'll find a bunch of threads dealing with that that may help you see if that's what's going on.

It might help to post a typical day of eating as well. It could be something you are eating, not eating enough of, etc, and the cool folks here can help point out some possibilities.

I didn't notice your posts being closed to replies, so maybe just a techno hiccup?

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I went though a period when i first started where it felt like something was just missing. I think it was sugar withdrawl.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Although some people on here have done it, I say itd be super hard to do a round of P90x while transitioning to low carb. The low carb flu + plyo just seems like a recipie for some hard core crashing and cravings.

I only had the low carb flu for 2 days, my fiance had it for almost 2 weeks. We both feel great now. Other side effects include: more energy, better sleep, weightloss, bacon, and better hair,skin and nails.

Blorton is offline Senior Member

Mmmm...bacon. <drools>

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Another MAJOR side-effect: Dramatically increased...ummmm...&#39;horny-ness&#39;. Be prepared :-D

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

lol... you better not get too close to Kuno, she may start humping your leg

Athena is offline Senior Member

omg kuno1chi! I totally agree. Its a very dangerous side effect. Hard to get anything done anymore!

Blorton is offline Senior Member

Geez. Someone get my wife on this plan. Please! rofl.

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I was waiting for Kuno to say that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast