Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any side effects with PB lifestyle? page 2

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

I didn't work out much for the first two weeks of eating primal. I was just too dizzy, tired, and even a little shaky. I talked to my doctor and she said (as Minxxa also said) that it's your body switching from relying on foods that give quick jolts of energy (carbs, sugars) to using fat for energy.

I'm almost back to my regular workout schedule (modified crossfit 3x a week) and this is the beginning of week 4 for me.

csauer52 Guest

Thanks to everyone that replied. It might just be "low carb flu". Will research that on the forum and see what it comes back with.

As for the improved hair, does it make it grow back? I'm shaving the whole thing now as it is lol.

@minxaa -

Here's my typical day of eating:

/// before leaving for work

Shakeology upon waking (3:45 a.m. followed by immediate workout)

P90X recovery formula post workout (half serving)

Protein shake, 2Tbsp almond butter, 1/4 cup blueberries

/// at work

Breakfast - 4 whole eggs scrambled, 2 chicken sausages, 1oz. Walnuts

Lunch - 6 oz. Chicken breast, 3 cups steamed broccoli, 1oz walnuts

Dinner - 2 cups leafy greens, 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 5 oz. Tuna

Pre-bed - protein shake (casein)

This should be around 2400 total if my math is right.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

@cc: Am I really THAT predictable?

Guess I am ("That's what HE said!")

;-)

The SO likes it, however...

Legerity is offline Junior Member

I'm fairly new to this too, but I noticed that almost all of your fats are coming from vegetable sources, rather than animal sources. Do you leave the skin on the chicken? If not then both your lunch and dinner sources of protein are very low in fat and high in protein.

There's no need to be afraid of saturated fats they don't need to be avoided to lose weight. I love butter and full cream but if you don't want dairy you can also use bacon fat or lard to cook stuff in for added fat. At the market I go to they sell big tubs of pure duck fat, I haven't tried but it sounds good.

I also second the low carb flu. I had that for a few weeks, whereas I felt weak and spaced out as if I was just crashing from having a huge carby meal, because the body was still looking for carbs for its fuel. Now it's switched over to fat burning and feels much mores stable. Good ol' fat!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

lol... I haven't experienced the horny effects but I am kinda glad cause i dont have a partner at this point in my juncture. Lol that is great. The side effects for me have been- Not wanting bread anymore, Shocking the hell out of people, and fat literally melting off... No bad ones really... Oh AND Tv and comp effect me a lot more... so I spend less time on them.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

vonterschpe Guest

@ Mandabear and all the other new horny PBers. There was a masturbation thread a few weeks ago. (in case you were wondering if that was primal)...

Suzan is offline Senior Member

Low carb flu is common. Sugar/Grains are highly addictive and coming off of them is like coming off any drug. It will pass.

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

I feel like garbage for the second night in a row. I felt pretty good this morning, but as the day got later, I felt that headache and tiredness creep in. Has anyone else experienced this? I have been eating primal style for almost 3 weeks.

animalcule is offline Senior Member

I had this for about a week. Just general blah and light-headedness. It all cleared up pretty quick. Make sure you are eating lots and lots of fat!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I have experienced that underwaterer... and the most I can say for my experience, is give into the fatigue, grok did... I think we don't give ourselves enough rest and therefore our body gets stressed out and sends us signals like headaches and tiredness.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast