Thread: Primal Journal (Meghzilla) page

meghzilla is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Meghzilla)

Thought I've been flirting with primal eating for a week or so now, I'm counting today as my first day and what better time to start a journal!

Background:

Unlike a lot of people on this site, I've never really been overweight though I have consistently been on the "heavy" side of my ideal weight scale. I was always active as a child and through high school; I played sports, ran around, etc. I quit sports in college, but walking to all my classes (upwards of 5 mi a day!) kept me fit-ish.

Now that I'm in the "real world", I'm noticing my weight shifting. It's time for me to ditch the junk food and find a way to eat that will give me the fittest body I can get!

Numbers, if you want them

Female
    Height : 5'4"
    CW : 144 ( highest was 155)
    GW: 120? Really, as long as I'm leaner and feel good it's just a number.

I'm excited for the primal life, as it makes a lot of sense to me. I've never really liked pasta and almost never eat sandwiches or other breads. Breakfast has always equaled eggs for me! My struggles come in the form of chips or any crunchy salty snacks, candy, soda, and Coffee (not really the coffee itself, but the sugar I put in it).

Breakfast:
    1 egg and a bit (1 oz maybe?) of smoked salmon. Cup of coffee with Half and Half and 2 tsp of sugar

Lunch:
    BAS! with mixed greens, sugar snap peas, regular peas, Shrimp, a slice of bacon, mushrooms, green peppers, carrots, and Low Fat dressing (not primal, but I don't want to waste it!). Another cup of coffee.

Snack:
    Cuban pulled pork. Not sure of ammount, just ate till I wasn't hungry. I don't know how primal this was, as it was leftovers from a catered event, but at least I avoided the beans and rice!

Planned Dinner:
    Chicken Liver and Onions. Maybe some brussel sprouts too!

That's all for now! I don't feel carb flu-y yet, just energized yet calm.

Edit:

No brussel sprouts for dinner, add a small bag of potato chips and a square of dark chocolate for dessert.
    Last edited by meghzilla; 05-05-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, binges are great for reminding ourselves why we are doing primal. ;-) Hang in there.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lady, I understand your love of cheese fully and completely. I look forward to reading your future posts. Maybe if us newbies stick together, we'll make it.