Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: anyone gone from morbidly obese to very lean with Primal page 6

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    I wasn't in the "morbidly" category but at 210lbs, size 16 and 5'10" I was by the BMI scale and by my opinion, obese.
    Now I am 145, and size 6 so 65 pound gone. This is back to how I used to look in high school when I surfed all the time.
    Better yet, I'm holding here.

Yes, it is possible.

ruby is offline Senior Member
    I was "morbidly obese" according to the BMI thing, 242 pounds at my fattest; Ive lost 114 pounds, nearly to goal weight. I was a size 22, now I wear a size zero jeans, dress size 4.

On the loose skin issue; the only place I have *noticible* loose skin is my belly, it hangs a little and obscures what is (I swear) a wicked 6 pack under there. However, I credit two huge babies with that skin sack at least as much as the fatness. It is slooowwwly improving. I'm going to give it another year and re-evaluate. It's really not nearly as bad as it could have been, under clothes I think my waistline could look a lot thinner without it but its only noticeable when I am naked (which I never am in public ) or if I wore a teeny bikini. My arms and legs sustained only the slightest bit of bagginess you would have to really search for and know it was there to even notice.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    I was "morbidly obese" according to the BMI thing, 242 pounds at my fattest; Ive lost 114 pounds, nearly to goal weight. I was a size 22, now I wear a size zero jeans, dress size 4.

On the loose skin issue; the only place I have *noticible* loose skin is my belly, it hangs a little and obscures what is (I swear) a wicked 6 pack under there. However, I credit two huge babies with that skin sack at least as much as the fatness. It is slooowwwly improving. I'm going to give it another year and re-evaluate. It's really not nearly as bad as it could have been, under clothes I think my waistline could look a lot thinner without it but its only noticeable when I am naked (which I never am in public ) or if I wore a teeny bikini. My arms and legs sustained only the slightest bit of bagginess you would have to really search for and know it was there to even notice.
    Amazing results! I have hope (though I'm 10 years older than when you started).

You look fabulous!

Mission Possible is offline Junior Member
    I also wasn't morbidly obese (or I didn't think so) but started 11/12/11 at 220 and this morning was 153 and still only 18% body fat. This was the easiest thing I've ever done and is really just a new life for me instead of a diet.
    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Great work, ruby, and amazing results! I haven't had children, yet the skin around my belly is quite loose, when I bend over (not very noticeable otherwise, I think). But I do see it's not just skin, but there's fat hanging on to it, it's just that the whole thing is looser than I would like it and not very esthetic looking... Well, I have to give it more time, I don't have any other options.

mahat is offline Junior Member
    I was morbidly obese in December 2011, at 170kg (approximately 375lb). I limited my eating portions up until I was 150kg (330lb) 2 months ago, and jumped both feet into the primal diet. I'm now steadily losing 5kg (12lb) a month, and my target is to get to at least 120kg (265lb) by September 2012. My ideal weight according to the BMI thingy should be around 80~85kg (175lb), but if I manage to get to 100kg (220lb) I'll be a happy, happy man. Heavy bones and all that.

Current weight is 138.8kg (306lb). I went from wearing 54" to 50" pants since I started 12 years ago after high school, I was wearing 38" pants. I want to get back there again!

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if I was morbidly obese but I was 5 foot 11 and 340 pounds. I lost 105 pounds in 5 months and eventually ended up losing around 120 pounds on the scale (around 135 to 140 of fat). I lift weights almost every day and it has helped a lot with the body composition changes. I stay pretty Primal for the most part. On average I move about 8 to 10 miles a day (around 22 to 25,000 steps on my pedometer) and also swim and bike when I can.

I have to admit there are times (vacations etc..) when I deviate a bit on the diet but to be honest I have seen little to no change in my weight. I figure as long as I am super active and being primal 90% of the time I have nothing to worry about.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

daizymom is offline Junior Member
    I've lost 42 lbs, and have about 100 to go, but I will get there.
    I'm going to lose at least 125 lbs! My goal is to have this done by February 2013.
    Start March 5: 275 (Whole 30 Day 1)
    April 5: 263 (Whole 30 Day 30)
    April 23rd: 257
    May 9: 256.2
    May 16: 257.2
    May 23: 248.2

Goal 145??? (To be determined when I get there)

My Journal

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456