Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: anyone gone from morbidly obese to very lean with Primal page 5

ackack is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    went from 285 to 205 over the last year, have maybe another 15-20 pounds until the abs start to show, definitely this last 20 lbs seem like its going to take some time. over the last year I have been employing the fast 5 system while eating primal. As far as keeping the weight of it doesnt look like its going to be problem. Went from a 42 waist to a 32,and my wife who started with me is 5'2 and weighed 128,she is now 116 and went from a size 6 to size 0- size 2 depending on the brand

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I've lost over 100 pounds. Now I just need to add more muscle and reduce body fat.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yep - me too. Dropped BMI from 53 to 32 Not very lean yet, but def not "morbidly obese" anymore either.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    It's good to see this thread resurrected and to hear about everyone's loss. I just started Primal last week and have 100+ pounds of fat to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    As far as loose skin goes check out the unconquerable dave

The Unconquerable Dave | Mark's Daily Apple

No loose skin if you don't starve yourself and lose weight in a controlled manner. I lost 100lbs and I don't have loose skin. The only people that have to have skin surgeries are the people who have gastric bypass surgery.
    Thanks for the link, that is great. At 35yo, this is big concern. I see stories of guys in their early 20's losing 100+ with no loose skin, but just figured my skin doesn't have the elasticity anymore. But nice to see Dave didn't have an issue, with slow consistent weight loss.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    I am worried about my own skin I have only lost 60 lbs and don't intend to lose more, I just want to maintain it, but over the past few months my skin is noticeably looser and doesn't look that good And I am 35 too, with a lot of stretch marks that I started getting in my teen years because of my obesity, so maybe my skin isn't very elastic and won't pull back as efficiently as I would like it to... I know I have to give it time to adjust. What freaks me out is I don't seem to be able to control and influence anything. Working out doesn't seem to help.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I'm 6'5" and weighed 310 when I started in Jan 2011, about 280 when I quit bullshitting after the 4th of July 2011, and have been 215 give or take since Jan 2012. I don't think I was morbidly obese considering my height, nor am I super lean right now.. 10-12% BF if I had to guess.

The awesomest thing is that im still getting leaner. I was wearing size 38 pants in January, just bought a pair of 34's last weekend.. scale hasn't moved. The beauty of it is that success begets success.. the more progress I make, the more intense I am willing to work out, the cleaner I am willing to eat, etc.. It's a never ending circle of awesomeness.

Shooting for 6-7% body fat by the end of this year and would be pumped if I can stay in that 215~ lb range while doing it. My skin has tightened up fine.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'8" and got up to 228. I now weigh 157. that's a whole lotta fat burned off.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    wow, that is impressive and inspiring. thanks for replying.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ackack View Post
    over the last year I have been employing the fast 5 system while eating primal.
    what is the fast 5 system?

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    130 off my all time high but that was over 25 years ago, down about 50 w/ primal. 80-totally doable, good luck.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast