Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone gone from morbidly obese to very lean with Primal page 4

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I'm not as worried as much anymore about having some loose skin.It's a fair trade off for feeling a lot better and being able to buy clothes off the rack at the store and not have to buy clothes in the big and tall section anymore.Also if weighing 100 plus pounds less than I do now stops me from snoring and helps me sleep better and have more energy I am all for it.Not like I am planning on posing for Playgirl or anything

Katt is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Dollface!

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I love this thread!

goin2befit is offline Member

I just wanted to share this ladies story... I've talked to her personally and she is so nice. Although done in a different mannor, but she eats "REAL" foods and avoids most starches... interesting blog to read. She was also featured on Joy Fit club.

Here is her blog:

http://www.lynnsweigh.blogspot.com/

Here is the story on Joy Fit club:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/33586361#33586361

She is like 40 some years old, so she looks great and the skin is minimal, she is the only one I know who lost and really kept losing the fat under the skin. So hopefully, we will be just a blessed as she was.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    so....did the members who answered 'yes' keep it off?

care to share your number one tip? I am curious if the change In approch to eating was the key or if you counted calories or if you changed your approach to exercise as well. It can get disheartening making the right decisions every few hours,and not seeing the end goal as achievable, so I would appreciate the input from those who managed to make significant changes to their body composition ...

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I'm hoping to have lost ~100lbs by the time I am done the fat loss part of my new healthy lifestyle. Have lost 21lbs in 3 months of being primal so far! I'm optimistic that I can become lean by doing this, as I am finding it easy to stick to because the flavour of 'real' foods are exciting. I enjoying running too.

By comparing other people's weight loss stories I think I've worked out why some people maintain it and others yo-yo. The people who yo-yoed lost weight fast with a restrictive diet, then started eating bad stuff again afterwards. The people who maintained it long term, started as they meant to go on, by simply eating healthily in a sustainable way, they lost the weight slowly but it stayed off because they kept eating the same way. I am deliberately being generous with myself and eating plenty of food to help my body heal, and the weight loss is happening as a positive side-effect. I believe I'll be one of those who maintains in the long term, because I honestly can't see me going back to eating those rubbish foods that made me feel so bad, now that I know how much better life can be!
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-02-2012 at 07:27 AM.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    thanks for your reply..that makes sense...and good luck caveweirdo

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I lost 100lbs in about a year and have kept it off for over 2 years. I won't say I am extremely lean but I am the leanest I have ever been in my life. My weight is slowly going up but it is an increase in lean muscle for sure as my clothes still fit. Once I eliminated garbage from my diet it has been easy to maintain.

As far as loose skin goes check out the unconquerable dave

The Unconquerable Dave | Mark's Daily Apple

No loose skin if you don't starve yourself and lose weight in a controlled manner. I lost 100lbs and I don't have loose skin. The only people that have to have skin surgeries are the people who have gastric bypass surgery.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

kaspegren is offline Junior Member
    This is so insprirational! I have 50 that I would like to lose and have only just begun my primal journey. I look forward to being able to share my success in the future! So far, so good!

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Lost 120 pounds in a little over 10 months and I've managed to keep at it, slowly but surely. Still deal with loose skin but it's getting better, day by day...sometimes it's real noticeable and other days it's not. I'm the leanest I've been in over a decade, probably more, and I feel great. Wearing size 30 jeans/shorts and a medium/small tshirts. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be doing that.

Eating clean is def. the biggest way to keep things going in the right direction. Eating bad things results in bad things.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast