Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone gone from morbidly obese to very lean with Primal page 3

JStrick is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I've lost around 60-70lbs so far, started around 300 and am currently around 230(accurate i know)

Whats nice is i have no fear of gaining any of it back.

ChrisG Guest

I've lost 121 lbs in the last 10 months, going from 374 to 253 (6'3" male). But I'm still a good 50 pounds from "lean".

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member

I'm getting pretty near to my goal weight. I started at 270 (it may have been as high as 290, I was afraid to get on a scale) and today I'm 156.

See my post

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...o-loose-100-lb.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

cyberaly is offline Junior Member

wow... i really thought i was the one of the only people who had so much to lose! i'm really inspired to keep going.

thanks all!

gloinchin is offline Junior Member

Even if someone does lose an extremely large amount of weight, the loose skin that is left over will prevent them from having that "lean" look.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member

@gloinchin: that's what I'm wondering now. I have a ton of loose skin. My dermatologist says that it takes about a year to tighten up, and whats left beyond that, your only choice is to have it cut away. Putting on muscle UNDER it doesn't tighten the skin

Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

gloinchin is offline Junior Member

Yes, I've heard the same thing. Your skin will try to adjust and tighten up but unfortunately with massive amounts of weight loss, there is only so much elasticity that our skin has. Also, as one grows older, one's skin loses said elasticity. Of course, building muscle under that skin can help to tighten it up but in the end, the more weight that is lost, the more loose skin one will have and sometimes the only solution for that is surgery..

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Dollface: It was through your blog that I learned about the Primal Blueprint and Mark Sisson.You progress has been a major inspiration for me

Katt is offline Senior Member

Or maybe not...

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

According to this guy, loose skin simply means there's a bit more fat in there that must be gotten rid of. Lose that, put on muscle, and the skin, which is a living part of the endocrine system, will pull in. He could be wrong. His diet advice is... but he's a trainer, so who knows?

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Dollface is offline Member

PookDo, wow that's really great, super stoked!!!

The loose skin thing, I agree that it takes time, I don't have a huge amount but a bit on my tummy and upper thighs, it's definately improving with time, I'm not giving up hope but at the same time the skin only has so much elasicity.

Katt I read that a long while back and seems interesting, I'm not sure whether I'll get my body fat low enough to find out but if I do I'll let you know

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast