Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein ice cream not working page

Drifter is offline Member

Protein ice cream not working

Hi All,

I have been trying to make some Protein Ice Cream lately and every time I attempt to do so in my ice cream maker the ice cream seems to freeze too quickly and freezes to the inside of the bowl/ice cream maker. I then have to scrap the ice cream out which never really works. Has anyone had this problem before?

I am trying to do something simple:

1 scoop ON 100% Whey
    1 cup heavy cream or coconut oil

And thats it. Am i missing something that will keep it from freezing so hard and quickly?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Drifter

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Salt lowers the freezing point of liquids (that's why they use it on roads in the northern climates when it snows).

Alohol has a lower freezing point than water

Carbonation also drops the freezing point of water.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Once, when my mix was too cold... but I just make a primalised 'normal' ice cream.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Whipping some air into the cream will keep it from freezing as hard (Thanks, ChocoTaco!).

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    I am hoping you meant coconut MILK... not oil.

Definitely stop using salt on the ice to freeze it. Plus I think I would whip the ingredients in a blender first to build up some air into it.

May I ALSO suggest skipping the whey powder and just adding in eggs? Whole eggs + coconut milk, scalded and cooled. Whip in blender, as in a T or two of your personal fav sweetener, OPA!
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

billp is offline Senior Member
    Protein ice cream? Yuck. What's wrong with a big rib eye steak fried in lard, followed by Hag Daz vanil?

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Protein ice cream? Yuck. What's wrong with a big rib eye steak fried in lard, followed by Hag Daz vanil?
    Personally, I would LOVE to have a high protein ice cream available. I work from home however, I don't have that *water cooler* luxury like people do in offices.... and can't always get away from my desk to make a steak. Hell, most weekends I have to prepare a HUGE bowl of tuna salad to grab when I can... sometimes I've had it for every single meal in the day.

EMAIL ME!

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Ive tried loads of different ways of making an ice cream that wasnt rock solid without any success.
    The only way Ive found is to get it out the freezer about half an hour before you want to eat it!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Ive tried loads of different ways of making an ice cream that wasnt rock solid without any success.
    The only way Ive found is to get it out the freezer about half an hour before you want to eat it!
    I also made tons of rock solid ice cream until I followed ChocoTaco's recipe:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post798664

It works like a charm! The gelatin and whipped cream make a world of difference. I tried alcohol before with minimal success.

Quote Originally Posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    Personally, I would LOVE to have a high protein ice cream available. I work from home however, I don't have that *water cooler* luxury like people do in offices.... and can't always get away from my desk to make a steak. Hell, most weekends I have to prepare a HUGE bowl of tuna salad to grab when I can... sometimes I've had it for every single meal in the day.
    This does not compute. What is this "water cooler" luxury you speak of? I can't imagine how working from home makes it MORE difficult to eat what you want when you want. Do you chain yourself to your desk for 12 hours at a time?

Talking

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    This does not compute. What is this "water cooler" luxury you speak of? I can't imagine how working from home makes it MORE difficult to eat what you want when you want. Do you chain yourself to your desk for 12 hours at a time?
    When you are at an office, you may put in 5-6 ACTUAL hours of work per day (just from interoffice conversations, personal calls, etc........ you lose working time).... while still getting paid for every hour you are there.

My job from home consists of logging into a timing system.... so, personal phone calls, potty breaks, Skype calls, dealing with issues of what would not be considered work related.... my system logs out. Ergo, I'm not getting paid.

Some days, because people don't *get* that a WFH job is still a JOB, I might get backed up... so, a grab and go lunch is what I have to do to make up for the time I *lost*, while office workers would still get paid.

Sorry this doesn't compute to you.

EMAIL ME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast