Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cottage Cheese, what's your take on it? page 4

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I don't know why you would say that about cottage cheese

Say what, that it's good food? Well... I'd say that because it's good food, maybe? O.o

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    no constipating dogs

I find dogs tend to get very, very constipated on dairy. Quite a few humans do, too. I'm just finding a little hard to understand why anyone would feed their dog cottage cheese. It's like feeding a cat hummus.

its an occasional, like every couple of months thing I give them, and it doesn't constipate them.
    Like I said their main diet is raw meaty bones. I spose you feed tinned or dry garbage to your dogs do you?
    BTW dairy doesn't constipate me either. Why are you focusing on what I say? I just answered the OP. Geez.
    I can't think of anything worse to eat for myself. Gross.

its an occasional, like every couple of months thing I give them, and it doesn't constipated them.
    Ah. Gotcha.

Like I said their main diet is raw meaty bones. I spose you feed tinned or dry garbage to your dogs do you?
    What a rude assumption. And what if I did? Does that make you more Primal than me? Oh, be still my heart.

No, my dog eats meat. Mostly offal because it's cheap, and damn tasty - I'd know; I eat it too.

BTW dairy doesn't constipate me either. .
    ...didn't ask, didn't need to know...

Why are you focusing on what I say? I just answered the OP. Geez.
    I can't think of anything worse to eat for myself. Gross.
    I'm focusing on what you say because we're having a conversation. I'm being polite. And also - as I said before - because I found it weird that you feed your dogs cottage cheese. But now we've cleared that up; it's an occasional thing. What part of this short conversation did you get lost at?
    Cottage cheese is great, IMO. Good source of protein, fairly decent (albeit lowish) fat source, and goes with heaps of things. Whey, berries, fruit, meat, potatoes, etc. But hey, you don't have to like everything I like, and vice versa.

Brb downing coffee with oil/butter/lard in it.

Ok, glad we got that sorted.
    Sorry for assuming you fed your dogs crap, I take that back. And no it wouldn't make you more primal than me, id just feel sorry for your dogs

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I like cottage cheese but it constipates me too.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234