Thread: Benefits of Coconut page

lolawolf is offline Member

Benefits of Coconut

Shop Now
    Hey there!
    Just wondering what is everyone's main reason to love coconut oil?

I learned that it can be used for my hair since my mane has become very dry and brittle recently.

I really need to try a shot of it and see how it makes me feel. I'm very excited to see what it does to my hair though =D
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

tresa is offline Member
    After figuring out that my *very* expensive hair repair goop was mostly coconut oil, I've been putting it on my hair.

My hair is very fine, like a kids' (grr) so I put about a pea size amount on my hand, rub my hands together, and smooth through my hair after a shower. It makes my hair nice and shiny, and has definitely been healing my split ends.

Suprisingly, even though it's oil on baby fine hair - it does NOT weigh it down.

I've just recently started eating the stuff (organic virgin) and am curious to see if it has any further effect as well.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Moisturizer, shaving cream, frying oil, anti-fungal treatment, stir-fry ingredient. Those are my main uses.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It has a nice flavor. If you like coconut, anyway. When I cook eggs in it, they have a nice coconut fragrance that I can smell as I bring the fork to my mouth. If I stir-fry vegetables to go with Asian foods, the hint of coconut is nice. I bring coconut manna when I go backpacking and that stuff makes me feel warm inside. I have very long hair and just a pinky fingernail sized bit of coconut oil is more than enough. Too much more than that and my hair looks stringy. It's great on my skin.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I've started using it for my face. I was using grapeseed oil as a moisturizer, and that works too, but coconut oil leaves me with smaller looking pores, for some reason.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Moisturizer, shaving cream, frying oil, anti-fungal treatment, stir-fry ingredient. Those are my main uses.
    I gotta try these. I can kiss that can of Gillette; and Lotrimin goodbye, eh?
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123