Thread: Dessicated Liver page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Dessicated Liver

Back in my body building days I used to take Dessicated Liver tablets as part of my supplement package. I thought I might add it back into my current Paleo diet since I'm not a big fan of eating cooked liver. Of course it will be important to make sure it comes from organic, free range sources. Just wondered if any of you had any experience or comments. Thanks!

Here's a review of Dessicated Liver from Dave Draper's blog (Wow I didn't think this bodybuilding star from the 60's was still alive)

Review: Desiccated Liver Tablets -

http://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourney...ngThePaleoDiet
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I've always wondered how a couple of capsules could ever equal the same benefit as a big hunk of fresh liver sitting on my plate. It would be the equivalent of taking one bite. How could that be enough of the goodness?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

jakey is offline Senior Member
    this is an old skool vince gironda recommendation! pretty sure dave draper trained with him.

short answer - dessicated liver tablets in no way approach the health benefits of eating liver. sorry.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    I eat a couple of small bites every day. Gironda used to recommend D.liver because it is high in creatine.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have tried the dessicated liver capsules. I think they are better than nothing, but they don't compare to eating liver. I hate liver, but I eat it every week because I can actually feel a noticeable difference in my energy. Keep trying different recipes until you find a way you don't hate.

I finally found that i can eat curry fried calf liver. It took a long time to find a recipe I didn't hate!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll probably get some and add it to my diet on the weeks I don't cook liver. I'll keep everyone posted on how it impacts energy levels, training etc.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    I like US Wellness meats liverwurst, diced and tossed into stuff. Also grew to like it plain with other things, as well as with mustard.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

CaitlynCrown is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just found a wicked good deal on grass-fed desiccated liver supplements from this website - Highest Quality Health Supplements - Acai Berry, Coconut Oil, Resveratrol, Spirulina & Chlorella, Rhodila Rosea (35% off!!!) but I think the sale ends on Monday (7/14). Just figured I'd let you guys know!