Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jogging is not "chronic cardio" page 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Just not in to jogging. Did a lot of chronic cardio as a teen & 20 something, really love the primal approach of just walking, lifting weights & springing once in a while. I did some Crossfit type stuff last year 4-6 days a week for a few months, just totally wore me out.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    All about context. I happen to know individuals for whom a walk to their mailbox and back is a high intensity interval session.

JayGee is offline Member
    Some days just call for a good run! I've been running semi-regularly since I was 18 (now 44), and like to jog 2 or 3 times a week. I am not training for anything, I don't track distance, or pace, or calorie burn. I especially like to run on trails in the woods. For me, it is fun, and rather therapeutic. In my late 30s I got really into racing, and did well, but burned myself out with tempo runs, and speed work, and 7:00 min/miles. Now, if I feel like a jog, I lace up and go. Sometimes it turns into a walk, other days, my walk becomes a run. I don't force it if I don't feel like it. Running through the woods on a cool spring morning = play for me, and that's primal!

Kristina

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    The problem I see isn't with the running itself, but how its implemented in peoples lives. All to often people have an all or nothing attitude with their health and wellness. If you can go for a run, and its fun, no fretting if your h/r is in some mythical fat burning zone, and you don't worry about times. I believe its healthy.
    In my opinion chronic cardio is when you have a list of details about your runs and you start beating yourself up about said details. If you have a list of health problems due to your exercise habits you be be a chronic cardio candidate. That being said, you can take anything to far.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Also wanted to say to Mr. Kavadlo, I love your videos and show them often to people as an example of what the Human body is capable of, if trained properly.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    All about context. I happen to know individuals for whom a walk to their mailbox and back is a high intensity interval session.
    scary, but... it's true.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    BTW, Al, I love your book and a lot of your ideas including the part about using common sense/your own brain on things. You have a great philosophy that is refreshing among fitness and nutrition types. No absolutes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    al kavadlo, you are the man. obligatory first statement for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Also wanted to say to Mr. Kavadlo, I love your videos and show them often to people as an example of what the Human body is capable of, if trained properly.
    You guys are too kind! No wonder I keep posting on these boards!

This sums it up pretty well. The spectrum of fitness is just too big for generalizations. I liked the article though.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

samira is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    True neck, sometimes I'm that person.

I like jogging, whenever I decide to just go out for a walk to enjoy nature I get bored and tired until I break out into a jog; even tho I had no intention of running that day. It even happened this AM. I just can't take walking for exercise, I'm impatient I guess?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12