Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we all be lean!? page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you can.

With normal diet and right effort and enough sleep, your body will go toward it's natural balance. Some body types naturally carry more fat than others, so where you stop will be dependent upon that.

It is also possible to go farther into leanness than your natural spot. It will take special measures -- more effort and more specific effort depending upon your unique needs.

marcus153 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the positive replies, this will help motivate me to get lean and not to think I should have a life of being pudgy because of my genes!

With reference to IF, I have been following a form of this for a week now:

Am - walk 30 to 60 mins
    8.00am breakfast
    12.00 lunch but not always as don't normally feel hungry
    Then walk or weights in the evening (weights 3 times per week, sprint once)
    No more food till tomorrow AM
    Although take BCAA supplement before and after gym session and sprint (purple wrath)

Does this look ok. I know lean gains suggest doing this the other way round, ie train in morning and eat in the evening, but I don't have access to the gym in the morning.

Does this programme look ok?

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Marcus, I too am hoping to slim down, (but not necessarily lean out, I like my curves. ) so I'm hopeful that it's possible to do. Also, congrats on the progress so far!!

Looking over the exercise you listed, I think what you're missing is the High Intensity exercise. When you do HIIT, and then don't eat carbs afterwards, your body naturally releases Human Growth Hormone (like tons of it) in the two hours after you exercise. (Key is to eat 20 g/protein within 30 minutes of you working out.)

Before I found MDA, I followed Dr. Mercola a lot, (I still do), he talks a lot about "Peak 8", which Phil Campbell has studied a lot and has written a book about ("Ready, Set, Go"), Phil calls HIIT, Sprint 8. You can watch a short youtube video about it here:
    Peak 8: Diet and Somatopause - YouTube

IMO, the key things about what he says is in that clip, is that HGH goes after fat like a heat seeking missile, is anti-aging and helps build muscle. Also, he spoke about how we age we enter a phase called somataphause which he calls "the middle age spread". And this HIIT, Peak 8, Sprint 8 type workout can help reverse it.

I bought his book (Ready, Set, Go) and find it very interesting so far.

Anyway, just my $.02, Good luck w/everything!

------------------------------

Oops, just saw your latest post, saying that you sprint once a week. Maybe up it to twice a week, and try adapting it to the Sprint 8/Peak 8 way of doing it?
    Last edited by lissee; 05-06-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Edit at the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12