Thread: Last five pounds are killing me! page

Danno is offline Junior Member

Last five pounds are killing me!

Shop Now
    I'm a long-time lurker here, and posted some before and after pics a while back. I am really to a place where I feel like my end goal is just around the corner, but I can't seem to drop that last thin layer of sub-cutaneous fat. My top four abdominal muscles are easily visible, lots of definition in shoulders, chest and arms, but there is a "belt" of fat around my middle - about half an inch of pinch.

Ever since I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, I've become religious about the diet - no more 80/20. 100% primal, maybe 80 carbs per day, which come from fruits or nuts.

I can't lose that last five pounds. It just seems glued on.

This is no doubt a common complaint, so if there is a particularly useful thread anybody wants to point me to, it would be appreciated.

What do you guys do to lose that last half inch of pinch?

Thanks,
    Dan

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Yep, the last 5 of so pounds is definitely the hardest. How many calories are you eating? Maybe cutting out the nuts might help.
    A weekly refeed might help you break the stall as well. Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Reduce dairy, consider intermittent fasting and sniff yes you may need to cut back on nuts.

OTOH you might be able to get away with nuts and a little bit of dairy on the IF and maybe calories would be the thing to look at. Read sites like Lean Gains, Lean Hybrid, Warrior Diet, Fast 5 etc for more info.

Danno is offline Junior Member
    I don't drink any milk; occasional cheese is my only dairy. I should say that my main source of carbs is fruit; my intake of nuts is pretty low (a palmful or two). I love apples and grapefruit, though. Fasting sounds like something I may have to integrate into my routine.

My main diet: boiled eggs, meat/poultry/fish, grilled or steamed vegg, salads, fruit.

I'll look into carb-refeeding.