Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Political & socio-economic nerd-rage thread. page 57

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    Anna5, I'd still like to know which "certain state" you were referring to in your description of libertarianism-gone-wrong. You backed out before, will you back out again? Just curious.
    Don't bother. She is a eleven year old girl. She just makes things up in her head about what she thinks history was like in order to win an argument.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Boy, another Youtube. Anybody read books anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Boy, another Youtube. Anybody read books anymore?
    I raised your picture with my video...

...and you folded your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I'd define taxes as being a financial charge by the government levied on those governed to sustain itself.

And it's mandatory in any society more sophisticated than a village (bigger than about 150 individuals).
    In other words, once you have a group of one-hundred and fifty people, these people need to be conquered by brutal savages with weapons technology greater than the group, and then their hard earned wealth needs to be stolen from them, or else they need to be collected and farmed into slavery in order to survive.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I raised your picture with my video...

...and you folded your hand.
    Maybe I'll watch the video when I get home from work. If and when I do, I'll eviscerate for you. Then you guys can call me a troll again for disturbing the c-jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    In other words, once you have a group of one-hundred and fifty people, these people need to be conquered by brutal savages with weapons technology greater than the group, and then their hard earned wealth needs to be stolen from them, or else they need to be collected and farmed into slavery in order to survive.

Am I understanding you correctly?
    Am I understandig you correctly? Taxation is slavery, which is bad. But emancipation of actual shackle and chain slaves is tyranny?

Lot of balls in the air.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    1: You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2: What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3: The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4: You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5: When half of the people get the idea that they don't have to work because the other half are going to take care of them, and the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for; that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Am I understandig you correctly? Taxation is slavery, which is bad. But emancipation of actual shackle and chain slaves is tyranny?

Lot of balls in the air.
    No, you aren't understanding me correctly. That is what magicmerl is trying to say.

magicmerl thinks that once you have one-hundred and fifty people, then those people need to be conquered and turned into slaves by an elite group of people with superior weapons technology in order for the group to survive.

That is how magicmerl defines taxation.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Found a really cool website today: The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page

This guy was: according to Adam Smith, the most well-read man alive; according to Edmund Burke, a man who would have been the greatest speaker ever if he had joined Parliament.

I'm just reading through his quotes right now. I won't say much yet, except here are quote I found quite thoughtful:

"Causeless discontent, and seditious violence, will grow less frequent and less formidable, as the science of government is better ascertained, by a diligent study of the theory of man."

"To prevent evil is the great end of government, the end for which vigilance and severity are properly employed."

"Power is always gradually stealing away from the many to the few, because the few are more vigilant and consistent; it still contracts to a smaller number, till in time it centers in a single person.
    Thus all the forms of governments instituted among mankind, perpetually tend towards monarchy; and power, however diffused through the whole community, is by negligence or corruption, commotion or distress, reposed at last in the chief magistrate."

The only part about him that I currently have to disagree with are his views on patriotism and the revolutionary war (he sided with England).
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 07-28-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast