Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Political & socio-economic nerd-rage thread. page 53

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mrs. Toon, this Joanne. Joanne, this Mrs. Toon. Mrs. Toon, Joanne, this James Holmes. Talk to each other. I am out of this.
    Last edited by anna5; 07-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    Anna, you made some very startling claims about under-served children shooting their "barbarian" libertarian parents, and when I want to know the facts behind this story, you back out? Way to be. Can you at least tell me what "certain state" suffered under such heinous small-government? Seems to me that our CURRENT government-run schools are turning out plenty of under-educated barbarians.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    who learned it from Rothschild.
    Aaaaaand, there it is. Thanks for breaking this DaVinci Code. "Sic Semper Tyrannis!"

Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I view libertarians as aggressive egoists (OK, me being me I can't avoid saying what I really think about them - barbarians) and avoid them.
    They are too-cool-for-school reactionaries who dress up their petty-bourgeous/Republican/neo-confederate/status-insecurity politics in pseudo-intellectual rags. It's a self-referencing cult who's modus operandi is tautology.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Wolves have a class structure and so do chimps..
    We're neither wolves nor chimps. It's more useful to look at primative human societies.

So then the question becomes: Which social-economic structure best allows for class migration. .
    Ok. Then let's do this: take all estates at death and use that to provide as even a playing field as possible. That way the truly gifted rise to the top and the fat dummies who got there start on their father's radio station have to work like the rest of us.

That's what the Founding Fathers attempted to put into place with it's Rights and Checks and Balances. Drawing from historic references of political philosophies, these guys had their thinking caps on when they developed the American system of government.
    Pretty half-assed attempt -- slaves, women, Indians.

But the power elite and self interest have been trying to mess it up ever since.
    I'm confused. I thought it was natural to have self-interest and a power elite. But you don't think they should try to preserve their power and priveledge?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    We're neither wolves nor chimps. It's more useful to look at primative human societies.

Ok. Then let's do this: take all estates at death and use that to provide as even a playing field as possible. That way the truly gifted rise to the top and the fat dummies who got there start on their father's radio station have to work like the rest of us.

I'm confused. I thought it was natural to have self-interest and a power elite. But you don't think they should try to preserve their power and priveledge?
    Your lack of respect towards private property is appalling
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

patrickh is offline Member
    They are too-cool-for-school reactionaries who dress up their petty-bourgeous/Republican/neo-confederate/status-insecurity politics in pseudo-intellectual rags. It's a self-referencing cult who's modus operandi is tautology.
    Holy ad hominem batman!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    "The Real Lincoln 'is seriously compromised by careless errors of fact, misuse of sources, and faulty documentation' which taken all together 'constitute a near-fatal threat to DiLorenzo’s credibility as a historian.'"

Scott F is offline Senior Member

Oh man, Rojo, you are out there. Primitive human societies/tribes do in fact mimic other animal societies like wolves and chimps. That was the point. You want a modern social-economic system that at least mimics our tribal nature/instincts. The problem is your imagination of what that system ought to be is idealistic and not realistic.

You wrote: "But you don't think they should try to preserve their power and priveledge?"

That's irrelevant. I made no such claim, "should", and if you start trying to perpetuate such claims (straw men) I leave the conversion because that'll tell me you aren't are able to reason with. So...to the contrary it's human (tribal) nature to try to not only preserve power and privilege but to enhance it...whether your in a tribal or modern large collectivist system. The hippies of the 1960s had the same ideologies you have, they set up their own communes (some primitive-like) and they couldn't pull it off on there own. What makes you believe it can be done on a modern populace scale? Like I said, your collectivist ideology would requires instincts in all humans that does NOT exist.....a universal (near) perfect altruism. Take a lesson from a 60's activist Bob Dylan The Byrds - My Back Pages (1967) - YouTube
    Last edited by Scott F; 07-26-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    "The Real Lincoln 'is seriously compromised by careless errors of fact, misuse of sources, and faulty documentation' which taken all together 'constitute a near-fatal threat to DiLorenzo’s credibility as a historian.'"
    Oh, please elaborate. I want to know what Lincoln was really like.

Please be very specific about where DiLorenzo is wrong.

I'm willing to bet you cannot come up with one single example of where DiLorenzo is inaccurate if I actually challenge you to come up with something.

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast