Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Political & socio-economic nerd-rage thread. page 52

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From what I can tell, the IWW was the shit

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    And does your fictional reinterpretation of the american civil war explain why other people in other countries are slaves too? I can only presume that Lincoln do the dirty on them too, or else via some amazing coincidence they all became wage slaves through a series of unlikely conspiracies?

Or perhaps you are making claims that have no basis in reality.
    The struggle against the slavery of the central banking system goes all the way back to the 1600s with the Rothschilds.

There were periods in American history where we were free from this tyranny. There was no central bank in Lincoln's time, however Hamilton was well aware of the tyranny and power of the central banking system and wanted to implement it here.

Just exactly which claims of mine are you claiming have no basis in reality? It's clear to me that what you know about Lincoln and the Civil War can be summed up in a single 8th grade history exam given by a state run school, taught by a statist teacher, being paid by the state.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Ffs slavery and/or the civil war?

Lol you derailers
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Just exactly which claims of mine are you claiming have no basis in reality? It's clear to me that what you know about Lincoln and the Civil War can be summed up in a single 8th grade history exam given by a state run school, taught by a statist teacher, being paid by the state.
    "You are forced at gunpoint to hand over the wealth your earn to your slave masters in Congress. All this tyranny can be traced back to Lincoln and the power grab he made and the way he changed the power structure in this country."

Your colourful depiction of 'taxation' as being a gunpoint robbery by slave masters is laughable. Every other first world country has taxation too. Did Lincoln rob them too?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Your colourful depiction of 'taxation' as being a gunpoint robbery by slave masters is laughable. Every other first world country has taxation too. Did Lincoln rob them too?
    Americans actually fought a revolutionary war against the British to end taxation. Lincoln implemented taxation, along with printing his own greenbacks as money, acting as his own central bank. After the war, that ended though.

Woodrow Wilson brought it back, along with central banking in 1913. He learned about that from Lincoln who learned it from Clay who learned it from Hamilton who learned it from Rothschild.

Just out of curiosity, how would you define taxes?

Every first world country has taxation
    Are you trying to imply that 3rd world countries don't have taxation?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Americans actually fought a revolutionary war against the British to end taxation.
    Spitting into the wind a little there, don't you think?

Lincoln implemented taxation, along with printing his own greenbacks as money, acting as his own central bank. After the war, that ended though.

Woodrow Wilson brought it back, along with central banking in 1913. He learned about that from Lincoln who learned it from Clay who learned it from Hamilton who learned it from Rothschild.

Just out of curiosity, how would you define taxes?
    I'd define taxes as being a financial charge by the government levied on those governed to sustain itself.

And it's mandatory in any society more sophisticated than a village (bigger than about 150 individuals).

Are you trying to imply that 3rd world countries don't have taxation?
    I was just avoiding a pointless debate about offshore tax havens.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Spitting into the wind a little there, don't you think?

I'd define taxes as being a financial charge by the government levied on those governed to sustain itself.

And it's mandatory in any society more sophisticated than a village (bigger than about 150 individuals).
    I would add
    "... sustain itself ... to PROVIDE NECESSARY SERVICES."
    Personally, I don't have patience for such discussions. It seems to be below human dignity to try to explain anyone in the 21st century that there is some common good. I view libertarians as aggressive egoists (OK, me being me I can't avoid saying what I really think about them - barbarians) and avoid them.
    A certain state eliminated state taxes. When the garbage started to pile up, fires destroyed beloved PROPERTY and less beloved children, deprived of schools, started to shoot at their libertarian parents, taxes returned.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    Anna5 could you please site your sources concerning the "certain state"?

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast