Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 612

Thread: Political & socio-economic nerd-rage thread. page 45

  1. #441
    Rojo's Avatar
    Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Quick to claim racism I see
    How else can I interpret the "homogenous culture" remark? Paulistas may convince themselves that they're not mouthing the same tired racism of their Republican fathers; that, in fact, they're really book-learned intellectuals (or youtube learned intellectuals) who've found a new path to "the truth". It's a delusion. Old wine, new bottle.

    Come to terms with it: you've been cultified.
    Last edited by Rojo; 07-20-2012 at 01:32 AM.

  2. #442
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Ah, there we go again. Socialism won't work if there's lazy blacks about.
    Sweden in recent years opened itself up to high levels of immigration, about 13 percent of its population today is foreign born, though it is worth noting that the largest group of immigrants to Sweden are Finlandsvensk (Swedish-speaking people from neighboring Finland) who share similar cultural traditions and are easily assimilated into Swedish society. For non-Scandinavian immigrants, who include refugees from the Balkans, Africa, and the Middle East, prospects are very different.

    Sweden has one of the highest disparities between immigrants' unemployment and native-born unemployment in the developed world. Its labor market is severely segregated along racial lines.[1]

    [1] Amazon.com: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Socialism (Politically Incorrect Guides) (9781596986497): Kevin D Williamson: Books

  3. #443
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Sweden in recent years opened itself up to high levels of immigration, about 13 percent of its population today is foreign born, though it is worth noting that the largest group of immigrants to Sweden are Finlandsvensk (Swedish-speaking people from neighboring Finland) who share similar cultural traditions and are easily assimilated into Swedish society. For non-Scandinavian immigrants, who include refugees from the Balkans, Africa, and the Middle East, prospects are very different.

    Sweden has one of the highest disparities between immigrants' unemployment and native-born unemployment in the developed world. Its labor market is severely segregated along racial lines.[1]

    [1] Amazon.com: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Socialism (Politically Incorrect Guides) (9781596986497): Kevin D Williamson: Books
    So are you saying that labour market segmentation is worse in socialised countries, or just that socialism isn't as utopian as you think it's proponents are painting it to be?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  4. #444
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    The only answer is to scrap it all, the whole human race, and give the world over to feral cats- who will mate with orange cats, black cats, fluffy cats, fat cats, skinny cats, tail-less cats, mate eat some rodents and call it a day.

  5. #445
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Fk cats
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  6. #446
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Fk cats
    Your mom's a cat.

  7. #447
    anna5's Avatar
    anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So are you saying that labour market segmentation is worse in socialised countries, or just that socialism isn't as utopian as you think it's proponents are painting it to be?
    I think that he's possibly saying that it's worse in Europe than in America, particularly in Sweden. I know little about Asia, but I would expect a significant segregation there. How about Latin America? The differences probably have nothing to do with socialism or not, but everything to do with history, different traditions and different understanding of nationality.
    Last edited by anna5; 07-22-2012 at 04:47 PM.

  8. #448
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So are you saying that labour market segmentation is worse in socialised countries, or just that socialism isn't as utopian as you think it's proponents are painting it to be?
    Well, Sweden is the most "racist" country when it comes to hiring people, and this certainly is not something we should try to emulate in my opinion.

    However, in the book, this fact was used as an example as to why socialism in Sweden is on the downward trend. It may take a few more years, but socialism will fail in Sweden too. It is physically impossible to make socialism work in accordance with human nature. Get over it.

    BTW, you have yet to give me one single example of where socialism exists naturally with humans.

  9. #449
    Rojo's Avatar
    Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    BTW, you have yet to give me one single example of where socialism exists naturally with humans.
    The myriad clans, tribes, villages, kibbutzim, families, kinship networks, etc.... Humans are naturall cooperative and for good reason, we would have perished long ago if we weren't.

  10. #450
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,218
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tribalism is a form of socialism
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •